𝟎𝟗. 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

UNEDITED 09

UNEDITED
09. Detention

By the end of the day, Hope was tired of her entire curriculum. The classes weren't teaching her anything she didn't already know, which was surprising to both her and her professors. They hadn't expected her to know anything, but she did. She was taught the same things, just differently.

They were all about class and etiquette, keeping the wands down to not have "violence". But Hope didn't learn that. She was taught from a young age to know how to protect herself, and at this school, it didn't go that way.

At least, not the year she was currently attending.

Hermione told her that before the present school year, they were taught defensive magic, even a little bit of offensive magic. She promised to show her a couple of spells some time. Spells were a thing that Hope noticed were different at Hogwarts. Their spells were a different form of Latin than she was used to, and their spells were mostly small spells that Hope herself didn't even need to speak anymore.
She hadn't really done that since she had been there though, as she didn't want to make them look at her like a freak. Everyone back home looked at her like a walking disaster anytime she didn't have to say a enchantment. It wasn't her fault she didnt need to do it, but no one else saw it that way.

Hope Mikaelson, tribrid, daughter of the original hybrid and queen alpha of the Crescent pack, walked down the halls of Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry humming a song softly under her breath.

She walked in the middle of Harry and Hermione toward the office said to be Professor Umbridge's. After their eventful class that day, the two were sentenced to detention after their classes. Harry held his breath nervously as they neared the room. Apparently there was just a whole lot more to what happened in the previous years than the tribrid knew. There was an unspoken tension in the air between Harry and Professor Umbridge that Hope had noticed, but said nothing about. She knew the look on his face by heart, as he too had that look on her own face many times before.

Hermione stopped two feet away from the office door, looking up at Harry with worried eyes. Ron too, looked at Harry shakily, both of them almost forgetting that Hope was even there beside them. The tribrid could tell there was a history between the three friends. A history that Hope wished she shared with them.
Harry shuddered as he turned toward Umbridge's office door, hands stuffed in his pockets as he began to walk toward it. Hope turned her head with a lingering stare on his back before walking after him, leaving a timid witch and wizard behind them. The taller, dark haired wizard stopped shortly of the door, hand hesitating to knock on the wood.

Hope soon became imopatient and knocked herself, which seemed to knock Harry out of his nervous trance and back into the real world where Hope was beside him and all was semi right in the world.