𝟑𝟑. 𝐀 𝐋𝐢𝐞 𝐈 𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟

UNEDITED33

UNEDITED
33. A LIE I TELL MYSELF

Moments passed before Hope had realized what had just happened. The air stilled, the once sun-filled air became stale with distaste and the sun seemed to hide from the building river of pain in the tribrid's gut.

Hope didn't exactly know what to do.

She stood still in the very same spot Draco had just broken up with her. The spot where he had broken what little trust she had in those around her. The one thing she was most afraid of had happened, and now she didn't know what to do.
Her usual eccentric blue eyes seemed to darken as she stared at the ground where the slight scruff from his shoes still sat. Looking into her eyes was like staring into the bottomless pit of the ocean floor. There was no light in them anymore.

Only complete darkness.

She could feel the rage inside of her clawing at the bottom of her spine, clasped together with the unforgiving dejection that made her eyes well up with unshed tears.

Her lips quivered, eyes blinking as she looked up from the spot where he had stood minutes ago. She couldn't hear anything besides her own uneven breath. Her heart hammered against her chest so hard she thought it might jump from her chest. Human nails turned into those of her wolf, blue depths began swirling with molten gold.

The still air seemed to sway now. Magic heavy in the air that couldn't be contained within the tribrid. It was raging, it wanted out. Hope closed her eyes, trying to maintain the magic, trying to keep herself in check. But for some reason, this time, it wouldn't be contained. Because instead of listening to her, the magic swelled in her chest so much that it burst from within her as she screamed loudly.

Her auburn hair flew in every direction as the magic pulsed from her body. Hands clenched, knees bent, her eyes changing from blue to gold every other second. The classroom wasn't made to contain such magic. The forest seemed to be blown away, turning back into regular desks and chairs as the intense magic of Hope Mikaelson broke the spell on it.

When Hope's scream died down she fell to her knees as a sob escaped her. She couldn't think about anything but the words that left Draco Malfoy's mouth. How could he say that to her? She couldn't fathom it, but it happened. It happened and as much as she tried to think of some way to fix it, fix them, she couldn't.

"...you're a freak."

"You're worse than a mudblood. Worse than any bloody animal I've ever seen."

"We're through, Mikaelson."

It was all too much. The pain was too much. After everything, they had been through. Everything the two had fought so hard to become and protect. She saw past everything everyone said was bad about him, seeing it as a small flaw that would never make her leave him. How could he not look past the one flaw she had? Why couldn't he look at her and still see the girl he called his little witch?