𝟐𝟗. 𝐈𝐧 𝐌𝐲 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐝

UNEDITED 29

UNEDITED
29. In My Mind

Harry, Hope, and Ron all stared back at the headmaster who ignored the longing stare of the wizard with the lightning scar. McGonagall stood behind the three Hogwarts students hoping the headmaster would listen to what they had to say. Harry explained the dream he had and shared with Hope, acknowledging the fact that the two were somehow bombarded with the same nightmare.

As Harry finished the dream, the door of the office was opened, revealing the rest of the Weasley siblings walking in with scared looks on their faces. Hope smiled reassuringly at the Weasley twins, letting them know that she was going to do everything in her power to keep them all safe.
Dumbledore stared at the wall facing away from the students crowded in his office, hands behind his back as he thought about what he was just told. He bit his lip and nodded his head at himself, still faced toward the wall. Ron stood beside his brothers, behind the chair where his sister sat squeezing the arm of the chair tightly.

Hope bit her lip as well as she pulled the robes of her boyfriend closer to her body. The scent of Draco, that minty scent, brought down her heightened anxiety from the surface and to the back of her mind. She was hoping Draco was still asleep where she left him, and that he wouldn't wake up while she was out. She knew he would've gone looking for her, and she didn't want him to know about any of this just yet, not until she told him the truth about her.

"In the dream, were you standing next to the victim or looking down at the scene?"

Dumbledore was looking half-way in the direction of Harry, which made Hope upset because she felt that her pack member was being ignored. So instead of letting him answer, she stepped forward slightly and tilted her head toward Harry, who got the signal and held his tongue.

"Neither. We... It was like we... Headmaster, why don't you please just tell us what's happening?"

Dumbledore stumbled on his words as he looked away from the both of them and looked toward the painting on his wall, "Everhardt, Arthur's on guard duty tonight. Make sure he's found by the right people."

The painting nodded back at the headmaster and got up, leaving the seat he sat on. Hope looked from the headmaster to Harry, and then to McGonagall who looked just as perplexed as the tribrid felt.

"Sir..."

"Phineas!" The headmaster's voice crawled through the air again, in a hushed angry scream, "You must go to your portrait at Grimmauld Place. Tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured and his children will be arriving there soon by port key."

The painting from before suddenly came back to view, almost startling the tribrid when it began to talk. the Weasley siblings all looked at the painting with eager faces, hoping that their father was alright. "They've got him, Albus. It was close, but they think he'll make it. What's more, the Dark Lord failed to acquire it."
"Ah, thank goodness. Next, we meet-" Hope could feel the rising emotions in her pack member's heart. His mind was racing, on the inside of his own head and inside of Hope's. She wanted to move toward him, reach out to him and let him know that she was there, that his alpha was there for him. But she could also tell that this was something that needed to be done.