𝟐𝟒. 𝐀 𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐲𝐩𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐚𝐲

UNEDITED 24

UNEDITED
24. A Different Type of Way

All night Draco held Hope in his arms, scared that if he let go she would leave him alone for another two weeks. Of course, Hope wouldn't do that again, and instead had already promised herself to not leave him to his own thoughts for more than a few days. The way he held her that night told her how much she meant to him, and told him how much he meant to her.

When Hope woke up she was met with the familiar gaze of Draco Malfoy. His icy blue eyes were set on her face as she slept and woke up. The tribrid only smiled back at him and sat up in the bed. She knew it was morning from the sounds of the busying staff throughout the school, and the fact that there were no students running around just yet.
Draco pulled her back down onto the bed saying it was too early to leave, wrapping his arms around her waist and holding her against him as he had done many times before. He rested with her back against his chest as he sat with his back against the headboard just taking in the sweet smell of her.

"Hmm, there was something you wanted to tell me, wasn't there?"

Hope shivered from the faint heat of Draco's breath, wondering what she should tell him. She felt it wasn't the right time to tell him about her true identity. If he was angry about her keeping her secret then he would sure cause trouble throughout the day. Instead she decided to tell him about the other secret she had. The tribrid turned in his hold, straddling his lap on the bed, placing her hands on his chest to steady herself.

"I know I haven't seen you in a couple weeks... but I have good reason. I've been with Harry and-"

Draco's heart grew weary and his face showed it, "Yes, I do know how much time you've been spending with that lard."

"Draco. Look, we've been holding these classes where Harry and I teach some of the other students defensive magic. You know, since the actual professor hasn't been doing that."

Draco's arms around her tightened, "Hope, if you get caught, there could be drastic consequences. You do know this, right? You should stop this before it gets out of hand-"

"I'm not one to run, Draco. Umbridge has them only learning about defensive magic, not learning how to yield it. How can they be ready to defend themselves if they don't know how to do it?" Draco sighed heavily, eyes flickering away from her determined stare.

"Why must it be you? Harry and this gang of berks can keep it under control. Please, don't put yourself in the middle of he and Umbridge's hatred." Draco placed his hand on Hope's cheek, gently rubbing his thumb back and forth in a pleading way.

"She already put me in it before. I'll be okay, I can handle her."

Draco groaned loudly as he plopped his head forward beneath his girlfriend's chin. "She's a great witch, Hope. I don't think she's anyone to be played with."