𝟏𝟎. 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡

UNEDITED 10

UNEDITED
10. Aftermath

"Wh- What do you mean?"

Harry raised a brow and gave her a blank stare. Hope looked up at the wizard through her lashes bemused with the tilt of her head. As Harry stared down at her his jealousy evaporated from within him. He knew he didn't exactly have the right to be jealous, but it was there in the pit of his stomach.

"Since when were you friends with Blaise and Draco?"

The tribrid laughed as the two began to walk toward their common room again. For some reason the tribrid decided to place her arm through Harry's looking up at him with an almost shy smile gracing her lips.

"Are you jealous, Harry?"

Harry quickly pulled himself away from the tribrid as a blush crept up his neck and settled on his cheeks. They sat aflame as he shook his head at her accusation.

"N- No! Why on earth would I be jealous?"

Hope merely shrugged her shoulders and looked away to hide her slight disappointment. She didn't know why, but knowing that he wasn't jealous made her grow with uneasiness. She shrugged it off and followed Harry inside the Gryffindor common room where they walked past the two red head twins on their way in.

"Heya Harry. Who's the new girl?"

The wizard rolled his eyes at the two older wizards and stopped to introduce them.

"Hope, this is Fred and George Weasley. Weasley's, this is Hope Mikaelson."

The two were stunned by her beauty and momentarily forgot to speak, which resulted in her brightening laughter to fill the already grim common room. Before they could even speak she was pulled away by Harry and onto a couch near the fireplace.
She sat down next to him, watching as he pulled out a random textbook from his bag.
Hope followed suit and pulled out her own textbook on the very class that got her detention. She mindlessly swiped from page to page as she sat silently beside Harry.

He seemed to be in his own little world, his eyes glazed over as he thought about the events leading up to this very moment. His eyes glanced at Hope every so often, and much to his pleasure, she wasn't looking at him so she didn't see his complete embarrassment from earlier.

All of a sudden Hope smelled familiar scents and the two were soon joined by Hermione and Ron.

"Hermione, you're honestly the most wonderful person I've ever met. If I'm ever rude to you again.."