𝟐𝟕. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐈𝐭 𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐀𝐧 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚?

UNEDITED27

UNEDITED
27. What Does It Mean To Be An Alpha?

Hope and Harry could only stare at the witch and wizards staring back at them after they came back. Both Hermione and Apollo crouched beside the two who had just reappeared from where they disappeared after that bright flash of light. The tribrid shakily stood up from her spot on the floor and looked around. She was trying to remember where she was. It all came back to her after she looked out the window of the Gryffindor tower where it was no longer sunny, but a dark night under the moon. Hope bit her bottom lip as she began to remember everything else that had happened.

She saw her father. Niklaus Mikaelson. The original hybrid that she hadn't seen since that dream she had right before she decided to go to Hogwarts. She clutched her chest tightly, a sob wracking through her throat almost soundless. Her eyes popped open and looked over to where Harry sat with his head laid on Hermione's shoulder with silent tears falling down his face. Hermione only wrapped her arms around the wizard and asked him what had happened through whispers.
Apollo only looked at Hope, trying to figure out how to help her. He had no clue though. How do you help someone that doesn't want help and who won't talk about what she had just gone through? Instead of approaching her he simply stayed where he was while watched her lean against the window-seat.
She finally sat down on the seat after what felt like years to her, all the while whimpering in her own mind about her final goodbye to her father until death, which she hoped didn't come for a long while. Ron had since then crouched beside Hermione and his best mate, hand on his shoulder trying to get him to talk to them. Harry looked just as much of a mess as Hope did. They were both quiet beyond compare, eyes dull like they had no will to fight or live. It was scary to look at, more so because of everything that Harry had been through, as well as Hope, which only the select few would know. It seemed like the end of a decade when the tribrid finally snapped herself out of her pity party. She looked over at Harry who seemed to be coming out of it at the same time.

"Hope."

Her whispered name sounded loud in the silent room, and everyone in the room could hear the emotions behind Harry's whispered word.

"Harry."

Her whisper was the same. So much emotion settled inside the simple call of their name. The three in the room had no idea what had happened to them while they were wherever they were, but they could only guess it was horrid by the way they were reacting. Just as the three were trying to guess the situation both the dull-eyed wizard and tribrid ran to each other to envelop the other in a comforting hug.

"Are you okay?" The two pulled away shortly, looking into each other's eyes. Now Hope understood the feelings she had for Harry. They were the same as an alpha would for their pack members. She wished only to protect Harry and cherish him. They were one when it came to their magic. As her great-grandfather had explained, her magic was given to him for the day she- no, they would need to defeat the Dark Lord.
Harry nodded toward Hope, his feelings and emotions still confusing to him. He felt the same toward her as he did before. Protective. Happiness. Contentment. Worried. But he still didn't exactly know why he felt that way. He listened to the same words as she had but he didn't understand the meaning of pack. "I'm okay. Are you?" The tribrid only nodded and pulled away altogether from the wizard.