𝟎𝟔. 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

UNEDITED 06

UNEDITED
06. Connection

Hope settled in with Hermione nicely that night. The two girls split the room mostly down the middle, leaving Hope on the side with smaller space. She liked it like that. Since she didn't have much with her but her trunk she told Hermione she wanted the smaller side of the room.

The tribrid knew she should've slept that night, but she was afraid of getting a nightmare of some sort.

The dream she had where she saw her father was one of the best she'd had in ages. Hope didn't really dream anymore, she mostly had nightmares. She would often cast a spell on herself to keep her energy high when she felt that she would have a nightmare.

Tonight was one of those nights.

Hermione softly snored into her pillow on the other side of the room. Hope sighed as she stared at her ceiling.

She wouldn't be getting any sleep that night, so she decided to follow the stairs all the way up the Gryffindor tower. She was told the tower didn't have anything of use anymore, so she thought she'd be completely alone.

For a while she was alone, but footsteps neared the door until it opened. Her breath caught in her throat as she thought that she would be in trouble for being out of her dorm after curfew. But a sniff of the air and she recognized the scent as Harry.

Hope turned back to look at his shocked face, his solemn eyes meeting her passive ones.

"Sorry, I didn't expect anyone else to come up. I couldn't sleep so I- You know what? I'll just- I'll go."

The tribrid didn't know where her suddenly uneasiness came from, but her stomach twisted and her cheeks became heated as the wizard stared her down.

"No! I mean, no, you don't have to. I'm usually the only one who comes here as well. Can't sleep..."

Hope nodded, slowly spinning around back to her original position on the floor with her knees tucked into her chest. Her head laid on the tops of her knees as Harry sat down beside her carefully.

The wizard looked out the window he always looked out of. Where the same grim moon shined in through the trees that twisted together. A small smile crossed his lips as he glanced over at the tribrid, but he quickly covered it up and crossed his legs.

"Nervous about being at a new school?"

Hope side glanced at him, taking in the way his legs were crossed in front of him and how he was now leaning back slightly, holding himself up with his arms stretched out.