18- MIND READER

The two people I've seen the most this summer have been Lia and Father. He's around this summer to teach Lia and I more 'valuable skills' and to help me manage my necromancer tendencies.

I also have met Mr. and Mrs. Rosier on several different occasions. Mrs. Rosier doesn't talk much but Mr. Rosier said that I am very well rounded, intelligent, and very well-behaved, which he thought to be impossible for a half-blood.

I am at the Rosier Manor today with my father so they can teach us apparition. Mr. Rosier works for the ministry of magic and was given permission to teach us how to do it. Whenever they do it, a black fog erupts from their bodies. It looks kind of cool. They assure us that soon enough, we will have the black fog as well.

"Since you both are use to the feeling of it, we should get right into it. We will have you apparate to the other side of the room. Think of the other side of the room and cast the spell. Since you both have mastered the skill of clearing your mind, this should be quite easy."

I focus on the other side of the room and cast the spell. When I open my eyes I am on the other side of the room.

"Well done, Victoria," Mr. Rosier says. My father nods. Lia goes next, and does just as well.

"Now, apparate outside, to the other side of the house," my father says. The adults disappear. We look at eachother and we both cast the spell. We did it, we meet our parents outside the house, all limbs are attached and there is no blood.

"Severus, how did we raise such talented witches?" Mr. Rosier says, studying us.

"It must be our superior parenting. They're number one and two for the top of their class and have learned every skill I've taught them almost instantly. Our daughters are impeccably resilient. They learned occlumency in a matter of hours. I have them work together in potions class and they're always the first ones done and always have perfect potions."

"So I've heard. They are quite impressive. They're going to be the new generation of us."

I wonder to myself what that means.

"Of course, Cepheus. I'm afraid my dear Victoria will be better than me," Father says. Our parents laugh at that.

"One can only hope we're breeding a powerful witch and wizard army."

"Dinner is ready, I believe," says Mrs. Rosier. "Follow me children."

"We'll be right in, Antlia," says Mr. Rosier.

I follow Mrs. Rosier back into the impressively large house. Their entire family is very attractive. That's what everyone wants, isn't it? To be attractive and very wealthy. I accidentally read Mrs. Rosier's mind without her knowing, which makes me realize that it mustn't be that great to be rich and beautiful if you're unhappy. It makes me sad when beautiful people are sad.

Dinners with the Rosier family began to happen almost every week, sometimes more than once in a week. Mr. Rosier must have decided us to be useful to him. I learned that he only makes connections that he thinks will be useful. At least he likes my qualities, I suppose. It was weird to see Father this much in one summer. That means I'm not able to see George. I find it very sad that I can't see him. But I can write letters. I got an owl this year, I named her Petunia, so I can keep the flower tradition going.

In fact, I get about five letters a day. These are the letters I received just this morning:

 These are the letters I received just this morning: