27- SWEET THING

Thwack!

The back of my head stings and I groan. "What was that for?"

"Don't be stupid, Victoria."

"What do you want me to do? Apologize?"

"Yes, I do want you to apologize."

"What if I don't want to apologize?"

"It is extremely distasteful for you to call the young version of the most powerful dark wizard in the world attractive. That reflects poorly on you."

"Sorry that you're afraid of the truth," I exclaim. He hits the back of my head again.

"Let's go wake him up and tell him, shall we?"

"All I'm saying is, if I ever happened to be sitting and having a civil conversation with the Dark Lord, I would probably tell him he was hot when he was, you know, alive."

"And I'll gladly watch him kill you for your own stupidity."

"Father!"

"I thought my instructions were clear. Don't. Be. An. Idiot." He flicks my head and walks away. I make my way to the professor's lounge.

"Morning Flitty! Are those scones?"

Professor Flitwick glares at me as I pick up a scone.

"What? Ugh, I said it once and I'll say it again. I didn't get to choose my house. I understand you're upset due to my incredible intelligence and skill, and I could most likely answer every question to your common room, but I don't know what to tell you."

"Miss Snape, have the Weasley twins rubbed off on you?" McGonagall calls from the corner.

"Well actually, I believe they get some of their attitude from me."

"Let's hope that your intelligence rubbed off on them too. They're going to need it for their OWL exams this year," Professor Sprout comments as she pours herself a cup of tea.

"They're in good hands, Professors, I have them studying on a regular basis now."

"Oh trust me, your work hasn't gone unnoticed. They have actually been turning in their schoolwork regularly!" exclaimed Professor Sprout.

"And they're getting the answers correct as well," McGonagall commented. "Well done, Victoria."

My days were extremely busy, between doing my homework, being a prefect, and helping two different groups of people do their own homework. I also happen to be the best and worst prefect to exist, seeing as how I took points away from young Slytherins who threw food at me, but I helped George and Fred pull Filch's underwear up and over his head. We also blindfolded him and hung him from the chandelier, which I pretended to have no part in.

As I walked out of the Professor's lounge, I'm yanked into a corridor.

"Merlin's willy I can never catch a break," I whine.

"Usually people are scared when I pull them into corridors."

"Well, Nott, you're two years younger than me and to be honest, you're not very scary at all. You somewhat remind me of a muggle Carebear."

"I have no desire to know what that is but it sounds disgusting."

"How very Slytherin of you," I begin. "What is it that you wanted?"

"I wanted to thank you. My grades have never been better."

"Are you kidding me? You pulled me in here to thank me?"