23- VIOLATED

Author's Note: I'm so sorry for the gap between these two chapters, I've been a bit overwhelmed with school but I should be updating regularly now and especially on weekends and holidays. Also, exciting news coming at the end of the chapter. Without further ado, I present chapter 23:

V I O L A T E D

"Do  you think your father will ever stop hating me, love?"

"That's rich, Georgie, why would he like us when he has every reason to hate us? We've quite literally made his life a living hell."

"I thought we decided to chill out with that when we started dating his daughter and her best friend?" George responds to his brother.

"I think you made that decision without me. I'm not dating his daughter," Fred comments.

"Georgie, I just think he wants to protect his daughter. May I remind you that he has taken house points from his own house when Slytherin boys so much as look at me? But it doesn't help that you two are the notorious pranksters of the school," I explain. 

We were all sitting at the library together, studying for our various classes. In other words, I was studying with Claire, Lia, and Hermione while the boys sat at the other table, continuing to 'plan Filch's downfall' on that ridiculous piece of parchment. It took a bit of convincing for the Golden Trio to enjoy the company of a Slytherin, but Hermione has actual emotional intelligence so she thawed quickly.

"Divination is a joke," Hermione complained. 

"The trick is to pretend that you're interested, Mione, and she'll pass you. Even if you don't do the work," I chuckle.

"Lia, weren't you quite good at it?" Claire asks, aggressively flipping the pages her potions book.

She beams. "Natural talent. My own third eye, I suppose. Got through that class easily." 

"Fantastic that we have a trio of nutters," I mutter.

"Might as well call us the loony trio," Claire responds, causing Lia and I to laugh with her.

Hermione gives us a dirty look. "Inside jokes are no fun," she whines.

I gently squeeze her arm. "When it's safe to tell you, we will. But for now we must wallow in our angst privately."

She chuckles. "Yeah have fun with that one, Tors."

After a few more hours of studying- more like me helping the girls while I whisper-yell at the boys to do their homework- Father comes up behind Lia and I and requests that we join him in the potions classroom. We reluctantly say goodbye to our friends and follow Father into the dungeon.

"I apologize for not being many a word this evening, much has come up and I am under quite a bit of stress. So, to answer the questions that I know you are forming, I need to ask a favor of you two.

"I have seen you two grow into two accomplished legilimens only after a short period of time, accomplished enough to teach the skills of occlumency and legilimency to a younger Slytherin, whom you both know. Mr. Malfoy, you may come in."

Why. Why why why why why why why. 

I felt Lia enter my mind as I was thinking about this.

My sentiments exactly.

He's all, 'my Father will hear about this' and 'mudblood' and 'blood traitor', and I know that our Fathers are friends so we really have to be secretive about our friends.

Oh, dear, you're right, Tori. 

What are we supposed to do?

You and Claire might as well just become Slytherins at this point.