30- STUDY BUDDY

I run my fingers along the edges of the page

Why would Percy owl me?

I think of all the possible reasons why he might just randomly send me a message full of compliments and regards. Stumped, I fold up the letter and head to potions.

Throughout my walk, several thoughts cross my mind.

I am affiliated with Death Eaters.

How do I tell Claire?

How do I tell George?

Can I tell them?

Will they resent me forever when they find out?

Probably.

I was shaken out of my thoughts when someone grabs my arm and pulls me into an abandoned bathroom.

"George, I have to get to class-"

"No worries, love, I told Snape you have a migraine."

He pulls me into him and begins kissing my neck, running his fingers along my body.

I breathlessly pull away. "What's gotten into you?"

"I just love you. We haven't shagged all summer and I'm gonna go on an angry rampage if I have to wank myself off one more time. I feel like I'm going to explode."

"How romantic," I mutter.

He begins to kiss me again and I sigh, giving him what we both want.

***

narrator

Claire was never as close with Cordelia as Tori was. But she wanted to be. She knew she was cool and quite nice, but she never allowed herself to become close to her.

Claire only really knew a few things about her. Pureblood, Sacred 28 family like herself, seemed to have some sort of ability uncommon among many wizards. Claire is very intuitive, and envies Tori for her mind reading abilities.

She walks down the many moving stairs, running her hands along the stone. She loves the coolness of it. Cold in general is preferable to her, winter being her favorite season. She enters the library, where she sees Cordelia. She pulls out a chair and sits down next to her, startling Cordelia.

"I didn't hear you coming," she began. "Must've been too focused on my book."

Claire smiled. She liked that Cordelia read books. She never failed to appreciate an intelligent person.

"I love that book," she says with delight.

"You've read it?" Cordelia asked.

Claire's cheeks turn slightly pink. "Yeah, Tori recommended it for me, and I quite enjoyed it."