32- SOBER

narrator-

"What the fuck did you just say?"

"I helped the death ea-."

"And you didn't fucking tell me as soon as it happened." He sighed. "I mean, you could've- you should've owled me, told me when school started, used the bracelet, something."

He looked as if he were panicking. His breathing started to quicken and he rushed to put his clothes on.

"D-does Claire know?"

She sucked in her breath. She tried to remain calm, as she'd already gone through enough emotional stress since that day.

"No."

He was taken aback by this. He normally asks that to complain that she doesn't come to him first.

She sits on the bed, trying to keep her composure. She felt as naked as she looked, not bothering to put on clothes. She wraps a blanket around herself in an attempt to keep her feelings in.

He sits beside her, a hand punching the bridge of his nose. "My love, you should have come to me," he says quietly.

This puts her over the edge. She crumples like a piece of wet paper and begins to cry, each shaky sob heaving her body and leaving tears on her mattress.

"No, no babe it's alright, shh it's alright." He hoists her upper body towards him, allowing her body to limply cling onto his.

Claire storms into the room. "What the bloody fuck have you done to her?"

"Claire-" he began.

"Don't 'Claire' me, what have you done to her."

"She told me that-" he looked down at Tori in question, and she nodded. "She told me about how she was with the death eaters at the quidditch world cup."

Claire's face softened. "You told him about that?"

George looked confused. "You knew?"

"I got it out of Lia when I decided that Tori isn't okay."

He nods, still rubbing Tori's naked back. "What can we do, huh?" he asks gently. "Let's put some clothes on you, my love."

Claire gets up and walks to Tori's dresser. She got out one of George's quidditch sweaters, sweatpants, and some thick wool socks. Carefully, they helped dress her. George grabs a glass of water and gives it to her once her shirt is on, and Claire ties her hair up in a bun.

"There's your beautiful face," George said softly as Claire pulled her tear soaked hair out of her face. She was still aggressively crying, and George begins to run out of ideas. "What do we do?" he whispered.

"What's going on?" Fred asks from the doorway. when he sees Tori, his facial expression changes as he frantically rushes toward her.

"What's happened?" he asks. When she can't form an answer, he runs to get an ice cube. "Back up, you two." The two get up and stand at the head of the bed, and Fred kneels beside Tori. He takes one of her hands in his, and uses the other to begin to rub the ice on her face. He squeezes her hand really tightly for a few seconds, releases and repeats while he glides the ice over her hot skin.

"I want you to take deep breaths with me, okay?" She follows Fred in taking slow and deep breaths until her breathing steadies and her steady flow of tears stops. George and Claire watch him in shock.

"Wanna get food? George will give you a piggy back ride," he says softly. Tori chuckles weakly and George helps her up, pulling her onto his back. He carries her with ease, she wraps her arms around his shoulders and rests her face on him, taking in his scent.