Summer Festival

THIRD PERSON POV

It was the last day of summer. The summer vacation in the 3-E class was an unforgettable one. What Y/N did for summer was that she visited places in Tokyo that she had never seen before. She would facetime Sky and show her around so she can experience the place with her. She visited the temples, went to the anime-theme cafes, and even played some video games! It felt like a dream to her.

Y/N also hung out with her classmates over the summer, specifically Karma. Most of the time when they hung out, they were studying at his place. Karma was specifically studying math, wanting to do better in the next finals. When they don't study, they would play video games or just chill in the room talking about random stuff. Their bond significantly grew over the summer.

Today they were hanging out. Karma was studying math while Y/N was playing on her phone.

"Are you ever going to take a break?" Y/N asks as she was about to defeat the monster in her video game.

"I will. Let me just solve this problem first and we can play 'Mario Kart together." Karma responded. Right after he said that Y/N got a phone call on her phone. It was Oliver. She decided to text him saying she was hanging out with a friend and she will call him later. Steven sent her a thumbs-up emoji.

"Do your friends in America ever sleep?" He asked as he put down his pencil.

"Nope." She replied emphasizing the 'P'. "So are you done?"

"Nope," Karma says, copying exactly what Y/N did before.

Y/N grabbed a pillow from Karma's bed and smacked it on his head. She couldn't stop laughing at what she did, but then stopped when she saw Karma turning his head around. He wasn't happy.

"Oh shi-" Y/N says before getting cut off by Karma, tackling her down to the bed. Karma couldn't stop laughing at seeing her fear him for a split second. Her face was priceless. Karma then grabbed a pillow and smacked it onto her face.

"Hey! That hurt! At least I hit you in the back of the head! Idiot." Y/N shouted.

"Am I interrupting something?" Koro Sensei says at Karmas window. Karma then grabbed a Koro Sensei gun and fired it at him. Koro Sensei dodged it easily. Y/N face turn red in embarrassment. Karma got out of the bed and stood up to his window.

"Well, I was going to ask you guys if you want to go to the summer festival at Kunugigaoka Station at 7." Koro Sensei asked, then started to cry. "I asked everyone in the class, but almost everyone else has other plans."

Before Karma opened his mouth to say no, Y/N decided to speak on his behalf.

"We love to go! Right Karma?" She said, trying to give him the hint to say yes.

"Yea I don't know-" Before he finished the sentence, Y/N threw a pillow at Karma's head. "Yea I'll go."

Koro Sensei happily went away going to annoy the next student.

"What do people wear at the festivals here in Japan?" Y/N asked Karma.

"A shirt and jeans." He lied.

"Really? I thought they would wear fancier. I mean in the anime I have watched, I see them wear kimonos." She replied.

"Nah, I was lying with you. Yes, people do wear kimonos." Karma answered truthfully this time.

"Well." Y/N says as she gets up, "I gotta go and buy myself a kimono. See you later redhead!"

Karma watched as Y/N walked away from his sight. Karma sighed as he lay down on his bed, his mind wandering into different places.

Y/N went to the nearest store that sells kimonos. She walked around until a nice staff worker came to her. The nice staff worker noticed that she was looking for a kimono and the staff worker already had one in mind for her.

"Excuse me, ma'am. I have a kimono here that would be stunning to you. You want to give it a try?" The staff worker said and handed her a kimono.

"Sure! Thank you very much." Y/N says as she goes into the changing room. When she tried on the kimono, it looked stunning on her. She never thought she can be this pretty in it. It felt like the first time in her life, she liked how she lookedLike what the staff worker said. Y/N bought the kimono. {AN: You can imagine what the kimono looks like!}

-TIME SKIP TO THE SUMMER FESTIVAL-

Y/N was a little late to the group as she was too distracted staring at herself in the mirror with her new kimono. When Y/N went there, she was lost. She was lost like a person in the middle of the sea. She decided to look around to see if she noticed a guy with a big head who did not fit in the crowd.

She was walking down a shortcut and found Koro Sensei talking to Kayano and Nagisa. As I was about to go to them, I was cut off by this guy.

"Where are you going?" The guy says. He was wearing something that seemed suspicious to Y/N. He was buff, tall, and had some tattoos.

"Nowhere that concerns you." She replied quickly.

"Now now, I like your attitude." He responds.

"Well, I don't like yours. Now please, I have somewhere to get to." Y/N says kindly and walks away.

"I can't let you do that." He says gripping onto both of her arms.

"Let go of me!" Y/N shouted, hoping someone heard her. She can't do anything without her hands, so she feels completely defenseless. She tried to kick but her legs felt like she couldn't move. She never felt this defenseless in her life. She was struggling to get out of this guy's grasp. Her breathing started to feel staggered.

Why did she feel like this? She was fine defeating so many guys back at Kyoko, why can't she beat this guy here? Her thoughts were running around the place, as she didn't know what to do.

"Hey pal, she told you to let go," Karma says, looking like he was about to beat someone up.

"Get away kid, this doesn't concern you." The guy says, still having his eyes on me.

"Well then, I'm not sorry that I have to do this," Karma says and starts to attack the guy. The guy didn't expect Karma to fight. When the guy let go of her, she had to regain herself. She looked at Karma and saw him beat that guy up. When the guy got up, he ran away.

YN POV

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. It felt comforting.

Karma pulls me into a hug. It took me a minute to process it, but I returned the hug while a few tears came down my cheeks.

Am I this weak?

I couldn't even defend myself.

How can I be an assassin, if I can't even defend myself?

How can I call myself strong?

"Let's go watch the fireworks. I know a great place." He recommended as he dragged me to the place.

When we went to the place, it was on a hill. There were only a few people up here, but none of them were 3-E students. The view was beautiful. You can see the town below you. The town was bright, with everyone's room light on. Karma took a seat and I did as well.

The fireworks started and it was even more beautiful. Each firework had its color and made the sky light up. I leaned on Karma's shoulder while my eyes were still on the fireworks.

"Thank you," I said quietly.

Karma only smiled and we continued watching the fireworks burst into the air.

AN: AWWW SWEET MOMENTS. PROGRESSSSSS!!!! Well I mean y/n kinda almost got something bad happens to her but Karma saved the day. I only made her freeze up because she felt defenseless without her hands since he was gripping them tightly. She couldn't think properly during that situation. I'll fix the grammar when I'm done with the fan fic! Well, I hope you guys have a good one!