Chapter Thirteen

"Binx! Come here, baby!"
I yell through the small apartment and my cat comes running in and stands at my feet. I pick him up and rest his body on my shoulder. It's been one of his favorite places to be when I'm walking since he was a little kitten. He's a rescue too. He meowed at my feet for an hour and I couldn't help but pick him up and take him home.

"He's cute."
Jacob said petting the little tire patterned cat on my shoulders that laid there relaxed and I smiled, even if Jacob didn't see.

"Yeah...Here get down hun."
I set Binx down, while I was grabbing cat food for him I felt an aura I almost unfamiliar with.

"Your place is so small and you have nothing to fill it?"
Jacob asked and my stomach began to churn as if I was about to puke. I didn't like this feeling either.

"I just moved in-it's not full cause I'm waiting for my other stuff to ship over here."
Jacob stared at me in suspicion, but he just shrugged it off, setting every bag in his hand down to the floor where he sat and Binx slowly made his way to the stranger in his home.

"Binx, come here and eat."
I shook the small cup of food following by dumping it in the bowl. It took him .5 seconds to run from Jacob to the bowl.

"Wow, hey, since we are staying at my house let's bring Binx with us."
Jacob had smiled softly and I just nod while I stare at it. His smile was so pretty and not only that it was genuine. It made my gut feel weird.

"Once he's done I'll get him."
Jacob nods and pulls out his phone, so I turn away and watch Binx finish the food in the food bowl.

"Good boy, up."
I picked him up again setting him on my shoulders. I bounce a bit up and down to get him sleepy enough for me to at least slip him in the crate.

"Ready?"
Jacob asked and I shake my head. I go to the one-room pulling out a padded carrier, I slide Binx in closing the door of it and locking it before standing in front of Jacob and smiling.

"Now."
I picked up a few bags from the floor with Jacob up ending with the rest. We close the door behind us and then I saw Jacob take a stop.

"Aren't you gonna lock it?"

"My only valuable is my cat, I don't care about the rest."
I shrugged it off and continued walking.

The drive wasn't far actually. It was closer than I expected, something about that kind of scared me but I trusted Jacob. I recognized some roads (the main ones at least) and he took one turn and then my head got lost. He pulled into the house I saw earlier. Picture perfect, neat, and looked like it's made for a gay couple with a teacup poodle.

"Welcome."
Jacob smiled softly looking at me while he unbuckles.

"Is your house really big?"

"I guess, 4 bed, 3 baths."
Jacob spoke as if it was nothing.

"Are you kidding?! That would take me 3 weeks of pay just to pay it off for the first month!"
I yell a bit and he just stares at me.

"Well, you do work at Mc Donalds..."
He shrugged and then stepped out of the car leaving me a little hurt. They're the only ones who would hire me at the time.

"Help me with the bags."
Jacob said leaving some in the car for me to grab.

"Ok."
I said without hesitation jumping out of the passenger side and to the back seats where the bags sat with my cat's crate. I picked everything else with a small struggle before butt bumping the car door shut and waddling to Jacob.

"Ready?"
He asked while smiling at my struggle with the bags and Binx. I nod uncontrollably then he opens the door. I tumble in and then fall to his couch after setting the bags and Binx down.

"That bad?"
Jacob laughed gently closing the door then I just giggle a bit.

"I guess??"
Jaco held out his hand and helped me up.

"Well grab them again let's go to the room you'll be staying in."
We both grabbed bags leaving a meowing curios cat in the living room for now.

Jacob took me to the room next to his and opened the door to a whole bedroom set up for what I would view as a rich boy. King-sized bed with blankets and pillows that fill the wall color. A bathroom, closet, lamps, TV...it was amazing.

"This'll be your room when you stay here."

"How do I thank you?"

"You don't, give me a second ok?"
I nod and Jacob closes the door. I sit and wait by looking around the room some more. There's a body mirror on the inside of the closet door.

The door opens again and Jacob just smiles as it slowly reveals something on it. My name...my heart fluttered to see my name on something other than a bill or apartment nevermind.

"Thank you so much."
I spoke with a voice crack and I was on the verge of tears.

"I don't mind. I have a small room you can keep your cat in there. I have things for his as well."
He was being so nice, he cared so much It made me worry but I just felt love for the first time in a while. I felt comfortable around him, but not at times.

"Ok, let's go get him."
I said and Jacob nods walking into the living room grabbing Binx's cat cage.

"Here, your very own room."
Jacob said releasing the cat into a room as big as a walk-in closet with shelves on the wall and a small closet. It was a room all right.

"Give me a second."
He says running back to the front of his house. I hear the front door open, close, open, close. Then there Jacob was with 3 boxes.

"Did you just buy those?!"
I questioned with wide eyes and Jacob just laughed.

"No dude! I was planning on having you here since we drank last night so I ordered somethings."
He smiled but I still felt worried and weird.

"What do you mean?"

"You're getting kicked out of your apartment next week right? Or did you lie?"
I-I told him?

"Y-Yeah, so they can renovate it and sell it for prices I can't afford."
I start to play with y fingers and he smiles.

"Exactly, so you can stay here. I don't mind."
I felt good that he offered and it would help a lot but I can't be a burden.

"That's sweet Jacob, but I can't. I'll find-"

"Don't lie to me and don't use that unhonest smile...please?"
His comment took me by surprise.

"How do you know all this Jacob, it's starting to creep me out a bit!"

"Chanhee told me to hang with you after you get drunk. You really don't remember telling me everything?"
I shook my head and he just went on.

"Well I know so there's no reason. He was demanding, but for my own good. I knew that so when he said,

"Move what you need into my house tomorrow, I'm buying you mostly new things."
I didn't argue at all.

I'm moving in with a stranger. This will definitely be an experience...