Chapter Fifteen

"K-Kevin, you need to get up man...I made you rice and kimchi for breakfast...maybe even lunch if you feel the need to go out."
His voice was soft, hoarse, and pitiful. He felt guilty over something so small just because I cried.

"And about last night, sorry."
But little did he know I didn't mind I was just confused, more on how I felt rather than why he did it.

Ever since I locked myself in here last night, I became a prisoner. Not to Jacob, but behind the hard cold bar doors of the call that enclose my feelings, thoughts, everything. I'm my own prisoner because my body and mind refuse to do it any other way.

"You shouldn't have cried you looked pathetic."

"You should've kissed him back."
My mind was racing. I didn't wanna go out...not like this.

I sat in my room for another 2 hours. It's legit only 8 am. I walk out of the room where Binx ran out first. I look around to see if I could spot Jacob. I didn't so I run to the kitchen where I peak in. Jacob sat at his counter sadly and picked at the rice bowl in his hand while he sat next to a food container that was all steamy with rice in it, but I couldn't see the kimchi. I look back up and Jacob bites one grain of rice off his chopsticks.

"He-hey..."
I kinda mumbled as I walked in and Jacob looked at me in worry and guilt.

"Hey..."
I grabbed the container by his legs following by me grabbing his chopsticks and digging into the rice and kimchi in the container.

"You took my chop-"

"You weren't eating. What's on your mind?"
I was relaxed, calm, and eating well for the first time in a while.

"I didn't mean to kiss you."
He said bluntly and I just smile.

"You stole my first kiss."
I couldn't put it any other way. I don't know why I cried but I'll blame it on that.

"I didn't know."
He just stared blankly at his bowl of rice once again and I chuckle.

"But thanks, it made me think about somethings."
I smile, for real this time and I just take another bite of rice then stuff a piece of kimchi in my mouth with it.

"What were you thinking about?"
He sounded like he was crying, but when I looked up he had no tears and his emotions were almost blanked off his face.

"Whether to leave to stay. What I should or could have done. What my real sexuality is. If I have feelings for you. Ya' know the usual overthink things."
I shrug it off and Jacob started to hiccup I get off the counter setting the rice Kimchi down.

"Cups?"

"L-Left."
His hiccups stopped him and all I could do was giggle. Cute...

"Here."
I handed him a glass of water half full...or half-empty? Anyway, he took a sip then just stared at me. He said nothing, he didn't utter a word, so I spoke instead.

"What's wrong?"
He stayed silent for another moment zoned out.

"Jacob?"

"Please don't move out, I'm so sorry."
Jacob looked sad, majorly in that case.

"I'm not moving out calm down. I was lucky enough for you to even offer me a room to stay here in which of course I'm very grateful."
I just started to play with my fingers as I hear a sigh of relief from Jacob.

"Oh hey, how about we eat tonight?"
Jacob said jumping down and pouring the water in the sink.

"Where is all your money coming from?"
I asked and he smiled.

"I work from home at good pay, that's it really."
He shrugged handing me the bowl of rice and kimchi again and smiled.

"I'm glad your eating breakfast, but don't you get sick in the mornings if you eat breakfast?"
I smile sheepishly grabbing another clump of rice and shoving it in my cheeks.

"No, it's a lie, I make sure people eat first, and if there's little to nothing left I just say eating breakfast gets me sick cause I don't have to money or time for any of that."
Sympathy. His eyes gave me a flash of this emotion, but I read it as pity which made me wanna punch him or myself.

"Well, you're eating more while you live with me got it?"
I nod at Jacob's demand and he smiles wide looking at his phone.

"October 18th, Sunday...2020 and it's 8:30 am. What do you wanna do?"
He looked at me and I quickly swallowed the food I had in my mouth to answer him.

"Movie?"

"Out or in."

"In."

"Deal."
Then Jacob runs to the living room and I slowly follow him still trying to finish the food he gave me.

"Wait Jacob, your food!"

"Oh right!"