Chapter Thirty Eight

I stayed over at Jacob's house and waited for him to come home even if it would take weeks. I wanted to tell him I'm sorry and even that I really did love him. Even if he doesn't come I was hoping that I could just see him at one point. Hours or even days later. I have to wait for him.

"Kevin! Kevin!"
That amazingly familiar voice yelled and even loud thuds...his footsteps of him running...looking for me. I quickly get up and open my door to see him looking at me. I couldn't read his eyes but he looked different.

"Kevin..."
He embraced me in a hug and I didn't fight it, instead, my only instinct was to cry. Why? I don't know but that's what I did.

"Kevin I'm sorry I yelled at you...I really didn't mean for all this fighting to happen."

"I didn't mean to snap back at you for no reason...I'm really sorry."
I squeezed onto him like he was all I had left. He was actually, the last one left that I knew I could stay with and be around, the last one I knew I could love forever.

"Jacob..."
I pull away with puffy eyes while Jacob stared at me with worry. Maybe he was just as cautious with his thoughts, words, and feelings as me.

"Jacob, I love you...if you don't return these feelings still you don't have to acknowledge them."
I looked at the floor because I didn't want to see his reaction.

I then feel his hand gently rest against my cheek slowly wipe his thumb against my cheek slowly making me raise my head back to him. I lock eyes with him and then he quickly connects our lips together. I smile into it because it's comforting and amazing. I feel fireworks explode inside of my stomach while he kisses me with such passion. Jacob pulls away and smiles at me, at least enough to comfort me.

"Kevin, I swear to everything. I really do love you and I don't think that'll change."
His words were sweet and unbitter. Like vanilla ice cream.

"I'm glad."
He pulls me back into a tight hug and then I just softly smile as I hear his heart beating at the speed of Nascar racers. I loved this, it's all genuine and it's my cloud nine. Perfect.