Chapter 4: Saving Yourself

Omniscient
November 5th
California

"Mother." Beyoncé sat across from her mother who had kind eyes.

"Child." She smiled at Beyoncé but Beyoncé kept her same expression.

"How are Jesús and Gisselle?"

"Fertile as fuck."

The both of them laughed but Beyoncé was dead ass serious. She didn't know if Gisselle was pregnant again but it wasn't hard to believe. All they did was fuck and pop kids out. That bloodline would never end.

"How are you Beyoncé?"

Beyoncé shrugged her shoulders, unsure of how to answer the question. She always felt numb, like nothing mattered, unless it came down to her crew. She didn't care about anything. She had such a 'fuck it' mentality. If she was somebody else, it would get her in trouble.

"How do I answer that Mother?" She asked.

"I don't know Beyoncé. How do you feel? Are you happy out there?"

"I'm content. I don't know what happy feels like." She answered truthfully. Beyoncé was always content, stagnant. Her life was amazing. She had all the money she could ever ask for, the parental guidance, anything she wanted was at her fingertips but that happiness that invaded your soul? She'd never felt that. She had never had anything that made her eyes light up or her heart flutter. "Happy is just an idea."

"No it's not. Happiness is something you feel from inside."

"I ain't never felt the shit before so I doubt that's true. You'd think my niggas would make me feel that, guess not. I fuck wit' 'em though."

"You love them Beyoncé."

She turned her nose up at the word. Whether Beyoncé wanted to admit it or not, she did. She loved her crew and she was going to ride for them through whatever. Right or wrong those were her niggas and she indeed loved them all. She had a funny way of showing it but that was just Beyoncé.

"Eh." She shook her hand. "I'm taking Evelyn and Alejandro out today."

"Where?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Was hoping you had some ideas. I cancelled all my plans for today for this."

Tina smirked. Her daughter was bad at hiding her feelings from her.

August opened the door to Gabby's house the sound of Lauryn Hill's Ex-Factor was going off and A Boogie's Fall In Love started to blast through her surround sound speakers.

She was so different to August. She was the type of woman who was in contact with her soul but would shoot up the club if he asked her to. His heart beat for her, he was in love with Gabby but he was too afraid to actually commit to her. She knew he would never fully commit so she kept him at arm's length. She wasn't dumb enough to get herself hurt knowing she can control it. He was not good for her, she wouldn't put her heart in that much danger.

"Gabrielle!" He shouted through the house.

She jogged downstairs in a blue towel. He couldn't help but stare at her. She was so gorgeous to him.