Chapter 35: No New Friends

Omniscient
January 2nd
California

The friend group all looked at the TV screen as they started to count down from 60

The friend group all looked at the TV screen as they started to count down from 60. Beyoncé turned to Nicki who was by her side and licked her lips just looking at her.

"Stop."

"Stop what? I didn't do nothing."

"Stop looking at me like that, I know what that look means." Nicki placed her hand on Beyoncé's cheek, trying to get her to look away. But Beyoncé just continued looking at her.

"Look at me baby."

Nicki noticed that the countdown was at 23 seconds when she looked at Beyoncé. She stepped in closer feeling herself falling for Beyoncé all over again. Every day she looked at her she felt herself falling deeper.

"I love you."

"That's what you wanted me to look at you for?"

"Mhm hmm."

"I love you too baby."

"Happy New Year's!" Everyone around them shouted.

Beyoncé grabbed Nicki's waist quickly pulling her into a kiss. The kiss felt like they were giving birth to something new and shedding out the old. They felt like they could go places and they were proud of who they were becoming together.

"Thank you." Nicki smiled at the man who held the door for her.

"I got you." He answered back, walking inside the Starbucks behind her.

Her presence lit up the entire room. Once she stepped in, eyes went her way and his were just a set in hundreds.

As he stood behind her he couldn't help but watch her silhouette. Not just her ass but her body as well. The way her hips swayed with zero effort.

When she was done with her order and he was done with his, he stood beside her as they waited.

"Is there something you need?" She asked him, she could feel his gaze heavily.

"I'm sorry for staring at you, I didn't mean to creep you out or nothing. I just—"

"Please don't say I'm beautiful and you wanna get to know me. I have a girlfriend and she gon' shoot us both."