Chapter 31: Do It Over

Omniscient
December 6th
Houston, Texas

"That's you?" Beyoncé's uncle Lumis asked

"That's you?" Beyoncé's uncle Lumis asked. She looked at him with one arm over Nicki's shoulders, nodding her head.

Nicki loved the attention that the 2 were getting now that they were in Houston. Beyoncé decided that she wanted to take Nicki where she was from, where that twang came from.

The people embraced Nicki almost immediately. Some were still skeptical; they couldn't believe someone was really interested in Beyoncé and not genuinely as crazy as her.

"She fine cousin." Kristen smiled, eyeing Nicki.

"Kristen please don't die." Nicki said, she leaned in closer to Bey.

Over the week they'd been there, Nicki and Kristen really hit it off. Kristen told Nicki so much about Beyoncé in her few years of living in Houston. She was thick as hell, funny, and smart. If Nicki hadn't run into Beyoncé first, her cousin would be her pick.

"She know she will."

"You should let me take your girl for a night Bey."

Beyoncé rolled her eyes playfully, walking back into the house. She honestly loved that everybody saw Nicki's beauty and everybody wanted her but nobody could have her. Nicki was all hers in every way that mattered.

Nicki was enthralled by the house the moment she saw it. She loved hearing about the part of Beyoncé's life that didn't make her crazy. The sane Beyoncé seemed more like the one she was in love with every day. She was confident that if she'd met Beyoncé before her craziness, she would be in love with her all over again. It was like she was perfect then Chapo and Gisselle came in and ruined her.

"Your parents never lived here for real?" Nicki asked running her hands down the wall. The paint was rustic and so pretty to her.

"I was 3 when they got picked up." Beyoncé sighed, she remembered the day like it was yesterday though she was only 3 years old. It was her first heartbreak.

Loud bangs startled the 3-person family out of their sleep. Immediately Matthew ran to Beyoncé's room, he knew this drill. He just didn't know this was going to be his last time with his daughter.

He unlocked her door then locked it when he was fully in. Beyoncé sat up in her bed with tears in her eyes. She'd been scared her entire life but this was bet wetting fear. She knew something wasn't right in her heart. Seeing her dad look just as scared as she was only worsened her suspicions.