Chapter 42: Epilogue

|Omniscient|
|May 1st, 2015|
|California|

"I promise you're gonna wish this was an April Fool's joke Ms

"I promise you're gonna wish this was an April Fool's joke Ms. Fenty."

Robyn rolled her eyes doubtfully. Her motto was 'Anything I do, I do perfectly. And if I don't, then it's not done.' When it came down to her job she was a perfectionist and everything had to go her way.

She took on this case because no one else seemed to want to. They said it was too difficult. To Robyn that meant you just haven't put the right person on it. Meaning her.

"Jeremy I took this case on for a reason, I promise I won't complain."

Robyn had analyzed every part of Beyoncé's actions that were scattered within the files she received. She was sure she could figure her out. Their goal wasn't to fix her, it was to understand her. Understand why she did the things that she did, thought the way she thought, why she was the way she was.

At the time, she was the crime world's largest mystery. Robyn was determined to crack her. She didn't know that Beyoncé would be the one doing the cracking.

The elevator doors opened and Jeremy let Robyn out first, following her. Once they got to Beyoncé's cell, Jeremy opened the large steel door.

Beyoncé looked at the both of them with her eyebrows raised. She had seen Jeremy before but never Robyn. She knew what this was before they even opened their mouths, she wasn't new to this.

"What?" Beyoncé asked rudely. She didn't take her eyes off of Robyn but Robyn just looked right back. She wasn't phased, they told her not to be. They told her Beyoncé could be intense and intimidating so she was prepared. "They gon' have you come in here and ask me questions too? Imma tell you the same shit I told them."

"No you won't." Robyn said confidently. "Follow me."

Beyoncé knitted her brows together, confused at the authoritative tone. She never did well with authority anyway so listening to this woman wasn't something she was going to do. She didn't care if she was in prison. She figured if she was in here for life there wasn't much they could do to her. She didn't have to listen to anyone on the outside so why would she listen to anything they said on the inside?

Robyn chuckled. "I know you may have a 'street cred' out in the streets because you killed your baby mama, but we don't give a damn who you are in here. You just the same as everybody else."

Beyoncé just looked at her. She knew that Robyn thought she was doing something by bringing up Nicki but she wasn't. Beyoncé decided she'd give herself 2 weeks to grieve over Nicki, and time was up. Now her daughter was a different story, she would grieve her forever. She would regret not waiting for the rest of her life.