Chapter 37: Mama's Girl

Omniscient
February 1st
California

"You still on the phone with that nigga Onika?!" Beyoncé yelled through the house

She was starting to get irritated with Deeno. She'd never seen him face to face and yet he had all of her woman's attention. She wasn't jealous anymore, she was full blown suspicious.

Nicki hung up the phone and walked out into the hallway to greet her angry girlfriend. Beyoncé completely ignored the fact that she was standing there, pushing past her to go to her room. She searched for Nicki's phone then turned around, knowing that Nicki had followed her.

"Am I trippin'? Like seriously man because it's becoming too much. You on the phone with this nigga all day long. He's fucking my shit up. Why do I have to wake up and wonder if I can have my girlfriend's attention or not 'cause she on the phone with some nigga I ain't never met before."

Nicki sucked her teeth. "I told you there was nothing happening."

"That's not the point. The nigga gets more attention than I do and you 'bout to have my kid! Excuse me?! Nicki I don't like this shit. I told you I was cool but I'm starting to rethink my choice."

"Why? I didn't do anything."

"Why every time I come around you hang up that phone? Every time I walk in the room you all of a sudden don't wanna talk to the nigga no more. What you don't want me to hear y'all business or something? Or you talking about something you ain't supposed to be? Let me know now. I don't think you get that I will shoot that nigga. I don't give a fuck who he is."

"Baby you're taking it too fa—"

"And you ain't answering the questions. Why Onika?"

That's how Nicki knew that she was really mad. First name basis.

"I hang up the phone because I want to talk to you. I wanna give you all my attention."

"Bullshit. You ain't gave me attention ever since you became friends with that nigga."

Nicki's phone started to ring and she knew it was Deeno by the ringtone. She looked at her phone then pressed the power button, stopping it.

"Who the fuck is it?"

"Deeno."

"I wanna talk to him."

"Beyoncé I think you're doing too much."

"You always think I'm doing too much when your ass is in the wrong. But you know what? I'll leave it alone. You got it. Talk to your friend." Beyoncé shrugged her shoulders.