68

" 𝑰 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒕𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 "

We walked down into the room of requirement holding hands and occasionally giving each other reassuring squeezes. We got to the room and he paused before the wardrobe. 'Draco?' I asked. He looked over at me his eyes sad, 'You remember third year' I raised a brow 'Yes, why?' He held my face and leaned his forehead against mine. 'Well you owe me something because I never asked you for it and now I want to use it' I searched his eyes for any kind of hint 'Draco' this one was more of a whisper. 'Don't come with us when we leave' I shook my head. 'No, no. I'm not leaving you' He kissed my forehead 'Yes, you are.' 

I started shaking my head violently 'I will not leave you right now, I-I can't' He hugged me into his chest. 'You have too, a deal is a deal' His voice cracked. 'go, somewhere else. Get Snape maybe' He pleaded with me. I sobbed harder, 'No, no I don't want to. Draco...' He trailed his fingers on my arm. 'Yow owe it to me' he wiped my tears. 'I will go get Snape but I'm coming back for you. I'm not leaving you ever again' He kissed me over and over again. 'You can't come with us. Promise me you won't' I leaned my forehead against his. 'I won't' I looked at him one last time, the last time I could look at him and we'd be safe. I turned away to walk off my eyes still full of tears, I sped up hoping if I was quick I would make it in time to get back to him.

The second I got out of the room of requirement I was sprinting down the hall to Snape's classroom, I knocked on the door and didn't stop until it swung open. 'It's now' He bowed his head and followed me to the astronomy tower. 'You or me Miss Potter' I knew what he was asking. I had pushed the thought out of my head lately but I couldn't do that now. I had to decide. 'Me, but we will use the charm' He nodded again. 'You were my least favourite teacher' I admitted 'But you've grown on me'. He let out a grim chuckle. 'I'm right behind you Miss Potter but I must distract the others to give you and Draco time' I gave him one last thankful look before running up the stairs.

'I don't want your help. Don't you understand, I have to do this. I have to kill you, or hes going to kill me' I felt a pain in my heart upon seeing his broken face. 'Draco' I whispered. I could hear the death eaters coming up the stairs. I moved next to Malfoy who had slightly lowered his wand unfortunately it shot back up when Bellatrix came up. 'Oh, what do we have here' I growled at the sight of her making her cautious to come near us. 'Go on Draco, now' I couldn't let him do it, I could watch the person I loved so dearly kill someone. I moved my hand to his and took the wand. 'I love you more than life itself' I whispered to him my eyes full of tears. 'avada kedavra' A green light flashed and Dumbledore toppled over the railing. A single tear fell as I looked back at Draco. 

'Oh my!' Bellatrix yelled with excitement, she ran to the balcony charming a dark mark. Snape walked round the corner and I looked at the shocked and hurt Draco one more time. I shared a nod with Snape and we both held out our wands 'Obliviate' My brother below and The death eaters memory's started to go into Snape's wand. I lowered mine making it look like had had cast the spell. 'Draco,' I tried but he still looked in shock but this time, it wasn't with me it was with Snape. 'Look at me' I pleaded and he did. I hugged him tight before kissing him with the only power I had left in me. 'Go!' He was hesitant to go but before he ran off after the others he looked at me. 'I love you too, more than life itself' I nodded and choked out a sob before watching him go.

I fell to my knees in a sob, I had become a murderer the one thing I never wanted to be, I had watched people take the life of so many I loved and now I had done the same thing, I had become the bad person. No one knew I had killed Dumbledore but I would have to carry that on my shoulders, forever and I would never get away from it. I heard a scream outside and I felt a burning sensation in my hand from my scar. I sobbed more but decided I had to get up, I had to face what I had done.

I made my way down the astronomy tower and onto the courtyard where everyone stood, my brother was crying into Dumbledore's body. I locked eyes with him and knelt beside him. 'I-I'm sorry' I said ever so quietly. He stood and hugged me. 'I'm sorry too, we both could of done something and we didn't' I hugged him back but I hadn't expected this much pain from the guilt. I felt like I had been stabbed a million times. Every time I looked at my brother or the body or anyone who had cared for Dumbledore I felt another stab. I was the bad guy now. I was the betrayer. I lifted my wand letting out some light and everyone else followed finally dispersing the dark mark up in the sky. I looked at Dumbledore's body once again. 'I'm so sorry'.

end of half-blood prince