Chapter 13: Pick up

Shen Yu, who was paying attention to the phone, did not notice that expressions of the employees were all as if they had been struck by lightning. He quickly went to the reception room which was located next to the conference room.

After closing the sliding glass door, he parked the wheelchair in front of several bright windows.

The whole process lasted less than five minutes, not too long, but not too short.

During this period, Tang Li on the other side of the phone never made any sound.

He was so quiet that Shen Yu couldn’t even hear his breathing.

“Chestnut?” Shen Yu called out softly. He paused, then moved his mobile phone away from his ear and looked at the screen. The phone read that the call was still active. How strange. “Chestnut? Can you hear me?”

After a long time, he finally heard a low, husky voice in his ear: “Yes?”

The voice sounded a little unhappy.

Like the person speaking was vexed.

Shen Yu, conscious of this, became nervous and quickly asked, “What’s wrong with you? What happened in the school?”

Tang Li answered in a low voice, “Nothing.”

Shen Yu frowned seriously and warned, “Don’t lie. I don’t like children who lie.”

When Tang Li, who was in low spirits, heard Shen Yu say this, he instantly became energetic, even a little nervous and said, “I didn’t lie. It was a puppy that lied.”

Just now, Shen Yu, who was still holding his phone, burst out laughing. The lovely look of Tang Li’s round eyes appeared in his mind, and he felt itchy at once.

He really wanted to touch the soft hair of the little villain.

After trying to suppress the strong desire surging into his heart, Shen Yu calmed down and then spoke, “You sounded like you were unhappy.”

Tang Li urgently retorted, “No I didn’t.”

Shen Yu countered, “You did.”

“I didn’t.”

“Yes, you did”

“I really didn’t.”

“Originally you did.”

After several rounds, Tang Li quieted down.

Just when Shen Yu thought that the little villain would remain silent, he heard the other side sigh like an old man and whisper: “School got out two hours ago…”

Shen Yu: “…”

This is the first time that he has raised a child in his two lives. He has no idea what time students are supposed to leave school, and he had forgotten to ask the principal and the teacher.

“Would you wait a little longer? I’ll pick you up.” Shen Yu touched his nose, subconsciously softening his voice, like an old father coaxing his children. “I promise I will remember the times you go to and from school and your schedule for next time!”

Between these words, there are some pleasant meanings.

After all, the other party is a powerful villain in the future. Indirectly, he destroyed Shen Yu’s company and directly, he took his life.

Shen Yu is troubled whenever he thinks of the original fate of the villain.

He just wants to be an ordinary rich man, and he doesn’t want to be involved in the triangle love between the villain and the male and female leads, which has as many twists as a mountain road.