Chapter 17: Blind Date

It was natural for Shen Yu to want to avoid that girl, but he suddenly flinched a little when he caught site of the anxious and angry eyes of Elder Shen.

Although Elder Shen has now retired and almost no longer manages the affairs of the Shen family and company, his prestige still exists and he is the only living relative of the original Shen Yu.

Shen Yu dared not challenge the Elder’s bottom line too many times.

If one day, his identity as an outsider is exposed, it is most likely that the first person to recognize that he is a fraud is Elder Shen.

Shen Yu hesitated for a moment before trying to compromise with the little villain. He gently rubbed Tang Li’s hair and said, “Chestnut, Grandpa Shen wants to talk to you. Would you like to sit next to Grandpa Shen?”

As soon as he finished speaking, Elder Shen, who was sitting on the opposite side, immediately smiled and waved to Tang Li, “Chestnut, come over here. Grandpa Shen wants to sit with you.”

Unfortunately, Tang Li did not move, as if he hadn’t heard Elder Shen’s enthusiastic call.

It was not until Elder Shen was dry-mouthed and the girl standing by the edge of the table was embarrassed that the little villain shook his head reluctantly while keeping his eyes fixed on Shen Yu’s face.

“Big brother, I want to sit with you.” The gentle and childish pleading was very painful to listen to.

In his heart, Shen Yu was surprised at the exquisite acting skills of the villain. However, on the surface he was helpless against the behavior of the villain. He sighed helplessly and turned to look at the girl.

The girl thought that Tang Li would sit obediently with Elder Shen, so she didn’t expect that the child’s temper would be so stubborn and that he would stick to Shen Yu.

Looking at the current situation, she can no longer take the initiative and continue to occupy Shen Yu’s side, the girl looked down with a flashed of loss in her eyes and tried to squeeze out a smile: “It’s all right, I’ll sit with Grandpa Shen.”

As she spoke, the girl walked over quickly, blushed and sat down.

Shen Yu breathed a sigh of relief and steered his wheelchair to the empty seat next to Tang Li.

Although Elder Shen’s plan to encourage Shen Yu to sit with the girl failed, he was not discouraged at all. During the meal, he kept throwing out topics to Shen Yu and the girl and mentioning interesting things that happened when Shen Yu was a child.

The girl seemed to like Shen Yu very much. When she heard Elder Shen’s old stories about Shen Yu, her eyes were bright, and laughter spilled from her mouth.

For a while, the dining room was filled with boisterous laughter from Elder Shen and the girl.

On the opposite side of the table, a big one and a small one sat quietly.

Shen Yu pretended not to hear the conversation. He buried his head and ate as quietly as a mouse.

Tang Li looked cold. He sat with a bowl and chopsticks in his hand, and the plate in front of him was full of the dishes Shen Yu had given him. However, he did not make a single move, frowning slightly, his eyes were frosty, and nobody could tell what he was thinking.

Suddenly, Shen Yu put down his chopsticks and reached over to pinch Tang Li’s face.

Tang Li woke from his haze and suddenly turned his head towards Shen Yu.

Shen Yu was frightened by Tang Li’s sudden action. The hand holding the little villain’s face was still hanging stiffly in mid-air. He was stunned. When he finally regained his senses, he laughed in a low voice. “If you don’t eat more, you’ll never grow tall.”