Chapter 48: Trip

In just a few days, it would be Grandpa Shen’s birthday banquet, which will be held by Shen Yu, the only grandson.

Due to time constraints, Shen Yu has spent almost all his energy on planning the event. The birthday banquet wouldn’t be held at Shen Yu’s home, but a hotel owned by the Shen Company. As early as a month ago, Shen Yu instructed the hotel managers to suspend business for a week when the time came and arrange for the banquet wholeheartedly.

As for the list of invited guests——

Shen Yu had developed an ongoing headache for this matter.

When Tang Li was first taken in, Elder Shen still had the intention to arrange a match for Shen Yu but overtime he had been fooled by Tang Li so that no match ever took.

Later, Shen Yu simply told Elder Shen that he had promised Tang Li that he would not find a girlfriend until the little villain became an adult.

After hearing this, Elder Shen was angry for a long time. He accused Shen Yu of not being mindful of his responsibilities. He actually missed the event he had been planning ever since Shen Yu was born for the sake of a half-way adopted child.

Shen Yu was not upset either. He listened quietly to Elder Shen’s complaints before slowly and calmly saying, “Didn’t Grandpa tell me to take good care of Chestnut? I’m just doing what you said.”

Hearing the words, Elder Shen was so angry that it seemed like smoke was coming out of his ears. He picked up the tissue box on the tea table and threw it at Shen Yu.

Shen Yu did not bother to evade the tissue box, so he was hit in the middle of his chest.

Really, such a thing wouldn’t hurt anyway.

“You really piss me off! I asked you to take care of Chestnut, but I didn’t ask you to throw away life and become a monk for Chestnut! Are you going to spend your life with him? Do you think Chestnut is willing to do that?! Later on Chestnut will find a girlfriend to marry and have children with! And you… you can only wait for a lonely death!” Elder Shen pointed at Shen Yu and scolded, “If your parents could hear your disgraceful remarks, they would tear off one of your legs!”

Shen Yu, with an absent-minded smile on his face, did not listen to Elder Shen’s words at all. He sighed, “Even without their help, my legs are no different from broken ones.”

Elder Shen: “…”

Elder Shen typically eats soft but does not eat hard[1]. Although he usually scolds Shen Yu and complains that Shen Yu doesn’t come to see him very much, once Shen Yu’s sad face of self-abandonment appears, it was like his anger was a balloon punctured by a needle. The whole person’s momentum will soften instantly.

“I’ll give you five more years.” Elder Shen made a final concession and said with a serious expression, “I won’t nag you in the next five years, but if you haven’t solved your marriage problem by then, don’t blame this old man for his meddling. You are the only child of our Shen family. I’m under such great pressure to support you every day, and it’s time for you to do the same.” I already talked about it with the rest of our Shen family.

Shen Yu pinched his lips together into a polite smile and did not promise or refuse.

Now, five years have passed.

As he had promised, Elder Shen began to look for Shen Yu’s wife with great fanfare.

The elder was old and disliked the fake politeness and excessive atmosphere such banquets required. However, in order to find a suitable wife for Shen Yu, he told his old friends that he was going to have a party on his birthday and advised them to bring their younger generations with them. Whether it’s a daughter or a granddaughter or a niece, the visitors will not be turned away.