Chapter 37: New Year

Back in S city, it was almost New Year’s Eve.

Shen Yu asked Aunt Chen to pick up his luggage for him and Tang Li and moved into Elder Shen’s house without stopping by the main house.

They had no sooner left than they received a phone call from Aunt Chen, saying that two relatives of the Shen family came to visit with their things, and Aunt Chen had already sent them away on the pretext that Shen Yu was still traveling.

Hearing this, Shen Yu breathed a heavy sigh.

During holidays, there are always a group of people who can accurately find out when he’d be home and come up with a reason to visit that Shen Yu cannot refuse. As a result, Shen Yu’s holidays are all used to receive visitors.

Fortunately, he ran away fast enough this time, because in the next few days, Shen Yu would receive similar messages from Aunt Chen almost every day.

Today is the visit of the Shen family. Tomorrow is the visit of Shen Yu’s maternal family. Several times, the two sides collided with each other, which would ultimately trigger a fierce battle of words.

Just listening to Aunt Chen’s words, Shen Yu felt a headache coming on.

The pace of life in the city is fast.

However, Shen Yu is used to being a loner. Before crossing, he spent the New Year in a small house by himself, but now that he was accompanied by Elder Shen, Tang Li and others, he is much happier than before.

On New Year’s Eve, they went to the seaside.

The beach was packed with people coming out for the New Year.

Shen Yu saw the children running and playing along the beach. They waved burning fairy sticks[1] and sparks jumped in the dim night. They were very beautiful.

When he saw sparks, he asked Uncle Zhang to buy a bunch of fairy sticks. After the housekeeper returned, Shen Yu handed them to Tang Li without saying a word.

Tang Li held the whole bag of fairy sticks and looked at Shen Yu inexplicably.

“Go and play with them.” Shen Yu pointed off into the distance, softened his eyes, and smiled, “When I was younger than you, I liked to play with these.”

While saying this, Shen Yu showed a nostalgic expression.

Tang Li turned his head and looked in the direction of Shen Yu’s finger. He saw several girls about his age playing. He looked down at the fairy sticks in his arms.

Then, Tang Li fell into a long silence.

Shen Yu didn’t know why, so he reached out and patted Tang Li on the shoulder. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing.” Tang Li shook his head, took a deep breath and with a face full of humiliation and arms full of fireworks, he approached the girls.

Shen Yu looked at Tang Li funnily. His little figure looked solemn and grave, as if he were going into a great battle. Shen Yu couldn’t help laughing. He turned to Uncle Zhang and said, “His reaction is too exaggerated, does he not like it?”

Uncle Zhang said, “That should be correct.”

Shen Yu sighed, “Then he should refuse directly. He knows I wouldn’t force him to do these things.”

“If young master Tang Li refuses you, then it’s not him possessing that body.” Uncle Zhang smiled. “Many people say that young master Tang Li tried to appease you just to survive, but I think he really cares about you and even regards you as his whole world.”