Chapter 42: Cold Shoulder

In fact, even before he asked, Shen Yu already knew the answer in his heart.

Even if Tang Li and Yi Heng didn’t fight, the bruises on Tang Li’s face were probably related to Yi Heng.

Tang Li didn’t deny it. Between the lengths he went to in order to avoid Shen Yu’s gaze, and his slightly reddish ears and tightly clenched jaw, it was enough to show his guilt.

Since Tang Li was reluctant to say any more, Shen Yu would not continue to ask any more questions.

——————

It’s been half an hour since the bruise on Tang Li’s face was dealt with treated, but in fact, the “treatment” was just trying to make the bruise look less frightening.

Tang Li did not seem to care much about his face. He was even too lazy to look in the mirror Uncle Zhang brought him. Instead, he watched Shen Yu’s expression carefully.

Seeing that Shen Yu’s face looked unhappy, Tang Li was a little anxious, he lowered his eyes and gently hung the corners of his mouth, he didn’t even dare to breathe.

Shen Yu was both angry and baffled when he saw Tang Li like this.

He also felt heartbroken.

“Didn’t I tell you to come to me when you encounter this kind of thing again in the future?” Shen Yu seized Tang Li’s small face and said in a frustrated tone, “I see you didn’t take my words to heart at all.”

Tang Li blinked nervously and said, “I did.”

Shen Yu asked, “Then why didn’t you come to me?”

“I didn’t want to bother you with a small trifle.” Tang Li paused, then explained Shen Yu with an unnatural expression, “And I didn’t fight with Yi Heng. Yi Heng just pushed me carelessly… and I hit the corner of the table…”

Not only does the little villain stumble, but by the end his voice became weaker and weaker.

Shen Yu gave a sneer with a crooked mouth.

If he had so easily believed Tang Li’s words, even he could admit that he would have thought himself short of IQ points.

Did Tang Li take him as a fool?

“Do you think I’ll believe you?” Shen Yu asked with a cold face.

“…” Tang Li was nervous and wanted to explain, “I really…”

“No more, that’s the end of the topic.” Shen Yu sighed and turned to Uncle Zhang, who was next to him. “You go down and talk with the vice principal, tell them to go to the library first, and we will take a taxi ourselves.”

Uncle Zhang looked at Tang Li with twinkling eyes.

He seemed to want to say something to Shen Yu, but he hesitated for two seconds before he swallowed back the words that overflowed into his mouth.

After Uncle Zhang left, Shen Yu quietly sat in the room for about ten minutes. It was almost time to leave, then suddenly he took control of the wheelchair and went out of the room.

Tang Li followed Shen Yu silently.

When they arrived at the hotel dining room, the other guests were already gone. Uncle Zhang was sitting alone near the door and had already prepared breakfast for Shen Yu and Tang Li.

If it was in the past, Shen Yu would surely pull Tang Li over together, but right now he was still angry about what happened, so he did not call over Tang Li and instead went straight to Uncle Zhang’s side.