Chapter 25: Gift and Accident

After coming to this decision, the knot in Shen Yu’s chest finally loosened.

He thought about it, but in the end, he did not tell Tang Li about the matter with Lei Yumeng.

Coupled with the preparations for the opening of two dessert stores recently, Shen Yu was rushing between the company and the two stores. He was so busy that he quickly forgot about Lei Yumeng.

During this period, Elder Shen inquired about his progress with Jenny Yang. Shen Yu did not want to deceive Elder Shen, so he answered truthfully that he and Jenny Yang were not suitable for each other.

Not only that, he had also just taken in Tang Li, and at this juncture, falling in love is not conducive to the growth of his child. He didn’t want to give Tang Li a reason to feel insecure.

Hearing this, Elder Shen was unexpectedly silent for a long time, and then sighed helplessly.

“You certainly have a point in saying that.” Elder Shen said, “But you can’t delay your life for a child, can you?”

Shen Yu smiled and said, “Regardless, my fate does not lie with Miss Yang. Besides, I’m still young enough that I don’t worry about finding someone.”

“All right.” Elder Shen paused and said, “Then at least come over for a meal sometime. I haven’t seen you for almost a month.”

Shen Yu had been deceived many times by Elder Shen with such an excuse. Originally, he would go because he wanted to talk with Elder Shen about the past and try to dig out some information about the original Shen Yu.

However, every time he stepped in the door, he would be greeted by a blind date that Elder Shen had set up for him.

Over time, Shen Yu developed psychological shadow.

So of course, he refused Elder Shen automatically. “Chestnut is not in good health, and since he just begun school it must be very stressful for him right now.”

Elder Shen was stunned and said, “Come alone then.”

Shen Yu spoke straightforwardly, “That’s not possible. As a parent, I must accompany my child.”

Elder Shen: “…”

Elder Shen tried to persuade him for a long time but seeing that Shen Yu was determined to be resolute and unmoved, he could only gradually let the topic go.

The fact that Elder Shen had reached this point in life is enough to prove that he is not a fool, at least in some ways he knows more than the muddled Shen Yu.

That night Tang Li suddenly had a stomachache. He was rushed to the hospital by Shen Yu, yet he was able to school the next day.

Elder Shen, who got the news at that time, felt that something was wrong.

He didn’t think about it much before. Even though he knew that Tang Li had even stabbed his uncle before, he only thought that Tang Li had been stimulated by his parents ‘death and that’s why he became so irritable.

After the death of Tang Jian, he persuaded Shen Yu to accept Tang Li. The only purpose was that they had the same experience and could live together and heal each other.

Now, however, Elder Shen finds that perhaps Tang Li is not as simple as he thought.

At this moment, he suddenly regretted sending Tang Li to Shen Yu.

Shen Yu was not even a little wary of Tang Li, and even really took him as his own child to raise. He only hoped that Tang Li would not go astray under Shen Yu’s guidance.