Chapter 38: Background

If Shen Yu did not want to expose Tang Li’s lies in front of him, he had to face up to the old man’s accusations.

When Elder Shen had vented enough, he stared at Shen Yu with a sigh and asked, “How’s your legs?”

“Ah? Oh…” Shen Yu said in a daze, “The recovery effort is going well. Doctor Liu said that if I continue improving at this speed, I should be able to walk normally in two or three years.”

Elder Shen frowned. “It’s so slow.”

“I’m used to it.” Shen Yu smiled bitterly and consoled himself. Sometimes it’s very convenient to sit in a wheelchair, at least he never became tired from walking.

It’s just when thinking of the pain of the rehabilitation program…

Shen Yu instantly became very depressed.

Elder Shen naturally saw what Shen Yu was thinking. After a moment of silence, he changed the topic and said, “By the way, did you arrange Kang Lin over in Jincheng?”

“Well…” Shen Yu smiled and then nodded, but his eyes were full of frost.

It seems that Shen Rong had called Elder Shen.

Uncle Zhang said that the biggest reason why Shen Rong’s parents were willing to take the initiative to dissolve their marriage contract with the Du family was that the Elder Shen personally talked to them.

So Elder Shen carried a sense of guilt in his heart in regards to Shen Rong, otherwise he would not care about Shen Yu’s intentions towards Shen Rong.

Shen Yu thought that Elder Shen wanted to speak up for Shen Rong and was thinking about how to persuade the Elder when he heard the other say: “No matter how big the conflict is, try not to make a scene on the surface. If there are any problems, just settle them quietly.”

Shen Yu looked at Elder Shen in surprise.

Elder Shen put down his bowl and chopsticks and wiped his mouth with a cloth towel. Then he rose and said, “I have an appointment with Lao Yang for fishing this afternoon. You are free to go play.”

Shen Yu watched Elder Shen walk away and felt a little funny.

It is said that a man whose heart is not content is like a snake which tries to swallow an elephant; eventually it will cause more harm than good.

Shen Rong has become accustomed to living independently while still using the name of the Shen family, which makes many elders, including Elder Shen, complain about him.

The elders will certainly not take the initiative to cause trouble, but if someone else does something to Shen Rong, they are likely to stand idly by.

——————–

Shen Yu and Tang Li continued to live at Elder Shen’s house for the time being.

Just after the New Year, Shen Yu inevitably felt lazy. He didn’t want to work on the dessert shop or deal with the company’s affairs, he just wants to stay at home and watch dramas and play games. He sometimes even pulls Tang Li out from cram school to go out shopping and playing.

Time flies, and finally it was the night when Shen Yu and Yi Hua’s dinner meeting.

On the way to the restaurant, Shen Yu looked at Kang Lin’s e-mail.

He did not guess wrong. Yi Hua’s young son, Yi Heng, is the male lead in the original novel.

But for now, the chosen son is only in his early teens. He’s about the age of Tang Li and hasn’t developed his male lead aura yet. He’s just a plain little boy.