Chapter 27: Apology

Shen Yu felt that Tang Li’s mood is not right. Especially when he left, the shadows that filled Tang Li’s eyes made Shen Yu more and more worried.

He was really angry with Tang Li on Lei Yumeng’s behalf. If it really was the case that Tang Li intentionally vented all his resentment on Lei Yumeng…

Then the implications are unimaginable.

The more Shen Yu thought about it, the more apprehensive he felt. If it was before, he would have unreservedly believed that Tang Li would not have done anything to Lei Yumeng. But now, his trust in Tang Li has been shaken.

It’s like a broken bucket…

No matter how hard he tried to fill it with water, there was still water leaking out.

“Bring him back first.” Shen Yu ordered, “The rest will wait till tomorrow.”

Uncle Zhang said, “Understood.”

Shen Yu warned again, “Don’t let him do anything to Lei Yumeng.”

Uncle Zhang hesitated for a moment and carefully explained, “I think young master Tang Li wanted to apologize to the little girl.”

“Really…” Shen Yu suddenly paused. When faced with Uncle Zhang’s immediate defense of Tang Li, he suddenly felt at a loss and a sense of indescribable embarrassment.

Even Uncle Zhang chose to look on the bright side.

While he still looks at Tang Li with tinted glasses.

After hanging up the phone, Shen Yu still couldn’t sleep. Eventually, he got out of bed and sat in front of the window and waited.

Looking down from this angle, he could see a lush forest shrouded in the night and the faint lights circling along the path in the forest.

In the distance, there is a quiet lake.

Weak streetlights circled around the lake, and the reflection of the lights fell into the water like stars in the night sky.

Winter nights often bring about depression, and tonight, this feeling is particularly strong for Shen Yu.

It was suffocating.

He closed his eyes and recalled all the things that happened in the afternoon. Suddenly, he was confused. Although Tang Li indirectly was the cause of Lei Yumeng’s bullying, in the end, Tang Li himself was not the person who was bullying Lei Yumeng.

Was his own reaction too harsh?

Thinking of this, the memory of Tang Li’s grieving expression as he stood covered in cake gradually emerged.

The tears flashing in the eyes of the little villain, his little eyes red as he stubbornly tried to pull back his emotions. The little villain trying to explain the truth to him in a seemingly calm but still trembling voice. Shen Yu remembered it all.

After more than three months, he was already regarded as Shen Yu’s own son.

Even though Shen Yu was so angry a few hours ago that he wanted to directly drive Tang Li out of the Shen house, now that he had calmed down, he felt regret.

Maybe he shouldn’t have been so angry.

He should have communicated calmly with Tang Li.

Shen Yu stroked his forehead to sooth his headache and sat there stoically for nearly two hours. Yet, he still did not hear Uncle Zhang and Tang Li returning. He eventually took his wheelchair to the stairway to watch.