Chapter 50: Confused

Even when faced with the boy’s lively and hopeful face, Tang Li refused to humor him: “No.”

Hearing these words, the boy’s face instantly froze: “Why?”

“There’s no particular reason.” Tang Li said, “Do you need anything else?”

“No…”

“Then I’m going.”

After that, Tang Li turned around and left.

The boy stared at Tang Li’s back for two seconds and suddenly responded.

“Chestnut, wait up…” He ran forward, holding out his hand to grasp the wrist of Tang Li

Unfortunately, it was like Tang Li had eyes in the back of his head. Before the boy’s fingertips could touch his skin, he suddenly turned and avoided the boy’s movements.

The boy’s hand was empty, and it hung in mid-air for a long time before it was withdrawn.

“Anything else?” Tang Li asked.

“Nothing important…” The boy touched his nose in embarrassment and continued hesitatingly, “Anyway, the second year of senior high school is not to stressful. Come out and play. We haven’t seen you for a long time. Xiao Hui misses you a lot.”

The boy spoke sincerely, but unfortunately Tang Li was not moved by him at all.

“I already said no, I will not go.” Tang Li frowned slightly. “Have fun. I’ll leave first.”

This time, the boy did not dare to stop Tang Li. Although his eyes were full of reluctance to give up, he swallowed back all the words he wanted to say. Then, he turned his head and looked at Shen Yu.

A little stunned, the boy painted on a brilliant smile, waved to Shen Yu, and said cheerfully, “Good-bye uncle.”

Shen Yu: “…”

This kid, just who’s your uncle?

You’re an uncle!

Your whole family is an uncle!

For the first time in his life, Shen Yu was depressed about his age. He was only twenty-nine years old! It’s strange that he was called Uncle by a boy who was obviously a senior high school student.

Thinking of how he was called uncle in front of Tang Li… For a while, Shen Yu became even more depressed.

On their journey home, Tang Li and Uncle Zhang both noticed that Shen Yu was in a bad mood.

However, considering what he told Shen Yu earlier today, Tang Li thought that Shen Yu was still angry with him, so he sat in the passenger’s front seat silently, quiet as a mouse, nervous, and without enough courage to even look at Shen Yu in the rearview mirror.

Poor Uncle Zhang continued to be oblivious——

He could not understand at all. Just earlier today young master Tang Li was still walking in the lakeside courtyard with the master on his back. How could the two men become like this after a few words?

And when young master Tang Li spoke to the boy just now, his face was very ugly, and he seemed to dislike the boy very much.

The accumulated doubts gradually converged into an overwhelming net, which covered Uncle Zhang firmly.

From the rearview mirror, Uncle Zhang looked blankly at Shen Yu, who was staring outside the window in a daze. He opened his mouth but dared not say anything.

The three men were silent all the way home.

After taking a bath, Shen Yu sat in his bed just thinking for a while. In the end, he couldn’t resist and walked out of the bedroom with his crutches.