𝟎𝟎𝟑

"𝙰 𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢"
ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ

     "NOAH." Emily says as she sits down next to Noah once again, "I have a proposition for you." Emily says with excitement laced in her voice.

"If it's anything that's not going back into the system, I'll take it." Noah pleads and puts her plate down.

"I want you to come home with me." Emily tells the teen and watches Noah's face fall. A silence falls in the briefing room as everyone listens in to the conversation.

"You?" Noah asks.

"Yeah,"

"I—I don't know—" The teen stutters.

"You just said—" Emily begins.

"You really want a kid like me?" Noah cuts her off.

"Yes, I want a beautiful, smart, and sassy kid like you." Emily reassures the child.

"You're sure?" Noah stresses her question.

"I'm sure."

"You can't return me." Noah warns her.

"Noah, you're not an object I can return to a store.  You're a human being and I want to give you a chance." Emily says and gives the girl an honest look.

"And what happens when I blow my chance?" Noah asks.

"Then, good thing I believe in second chances." Emily smirks and watches Noah crack a smile.

"What?" Noah asks as she notices Emily smiling weirdly towards her.

"You don't smile very much, do you?" Emily chuckles.

"I don't usually have anything to smile about." Noah shrugs and looks over at the team. Everyone turns their gaze away from Emily and Noah, pretending to mind their own business.

"You have a family with us," JJ says as she sits next to Emily and smiles at the teen.

"Do you need anything from your room at the house?" Emily offers, knowing that Noah would probably want to go through her things before moving across the country. Noah nods her head and walks with Emily.

"Uhm, Agent Prentiss?" Noah murmurs.

"Yeah?" Emily says as she looks down at the teen.

"I think she wants to come with us," Noah quietly speaks and looks over at JJ, who is watching the two of them.

"JJ!" Emily calls, "You comin'?" She asks as she grabs her coat.  JJ quickly walks towards them and they exit the building.

"Promise me you'll let me help decorate?" JJ asks as she follows the pair.

"I don't even know where I'm sleeping." Noah says, not even knowing why they all care so much.

"The guest room — it's all yours." Emily answers for her.  The three girls get to the car and Emily opens the backseat door for Noah.

The car ride is awkwardly silent.  JJ talks here and there as they pass through the town.  Emily talks to JJ, but not Noah, who is being silent.  Emily understands that visiting the house is not something that Noah particularly wants to do.

Before Emily can get any more nervous, they are in the driveway and getting out.  Noah immediately makes her way up to the porch and opens the door.  She looks around and sees all of the police tape and all of the areas that were blocked off for evidence.

"The police are working on getting somebody to clean out the house.  I figured you'd want to go through your own things." Emily mentions and watches Noah walk up the stairs.  JJ and Emily wait downstairs, not sure if Noah wants them to follow her.