Chapter 2: The Start of Something New

As a wizard was finishing the last details on the back wall, a girl came in, she also had the red hair that belonged to George Weasley. "Hello, a few days ago my brother said that he saw activity in here and I thought I might see what's going on," she said, standing infront of the now fixed door. I greeted her and told her to come in, but to watch out for the nargles, the house was still full of them.

The girl's name was Ginny Weasley and she was, in fact George's sister. We talked for a while, I told her where I was going to put the small library section and where the seats were gonna go. She even gave me some tips and told me if I needed help in any way I could ask her. Then she left about half an hour later.

"Goodbye, John. I will meet you at The Leaky Cauldron in half an hour or so," I said to the painter. It was already pretty late and I wanted to go to my apartment. I was renting one like ten houses away. "Yeah, goodbye Ophelia," John said. We had known each other in school, he was a fellow Ravenclaw. We never talked, though whenever we saw one another on the streets we would say hi.

Tomorrow would be furniture day and the next day after that we would decorate and buy more things that we need. Johnathan was helping me with all of that. I met him at The Leaky Cauldron half an hour later.

"You know, I could help you with the financial problems-" he started, but I cut him off. "I already said no John. I know that these are the hard times, but I can manage." I said as I gave him the money. I knew John was a sneaky guy, but I still took the risk, he was my only chance. But he kept begging and begging to get a half of the business and I knew I had to cut him off, even if I really did need help. "You need me, Jane," he said, still not giving up. "No," was my only answer. Thats when he raised his voice. He started yelling terrible, terrible things.

"No wonder your mother abandoned you!" he said and then, out of nowhere, a boy stood up and punched him in the face. For a second I thought it was George, but soon realised it wasn't, although he did look a lot like him. And then he just left, leaving me to stand there in shock. John was whimpering in pain and if I was being honest, I kind of enjoyed it, he was an asshole. I soon left because a lot of people were staring and it became awkward standing there with a man down at my feet.

The rest of the evening was uneventful. I went home, took a shower and watered some plants, my room was basically full of them. If a person came in their first thought would be that I am a Hufflepuff or that I should be one. I sat down at the table I had in the living room's corner and started adding things I haven't bought yet for the cafè on a small piece of parchment.

Stools
The paintings I've bought from a woman nearby
A few picture frames
More candles

I put the paper into my coat's pocket and went to bed. The next day I got up at 10 and was ready to go an hour later, wearing some grey jeans and a white T-shirt that said Blondie (yes, i'm a fan) which is a muggle band. I went to a muggle shop since I liked the stools they sold. Soon I was back at Diagon Alley and bought the picture frames and dropped the stuff at the cafè, I had bought more stuff than I actually needed. I knocked on the door of
Miss. Ginger and she opened the door with a big smile on her face. She was moving to Australia and needed to get rid of some of the paintings, luckily I had heard the news before anyone else.

There were four of them, one older woman, two that seemed to be twins, both boys -I mentally noted to put them next to each other- and a middle aged woman, all of them had smiles on their faces. I guess they were happy to leave the house, it was a mess.

I arrives at number 89 of Diagon Alley soon. I put the paintings in brand new frames and started swinging my wand. The round tables and the chairs were moving to their right place, a few couches headed upstairs. Then the stools flied infront of the counter and the high tables that were infront of the windows. I put the pictures and paintings were I wanted by hand and then started with the herbs.

When I was done it was nearly nightfall. The kitchen was yet to be finished and I needed a few more pots, but in general it was fine. I went to bed that night, knowing that in a few days my dream would finally become a reality.

A/N: So, these few episodes are for the cafè and Ophelia, but Fred will come along soon enough, I promise.