Chapter 14: Chrysanthemums

A/N: Hi, so this is a little longer chapter, but I think you won't mind a lot.
I wanted to thank Raenay27 who is the first person to stick with this story since she voted for my last chapter. This chapter is dedicated to her, thank you.

It had been almost two months since Fred and I had realised our feelings, but nothing had really happened since. Our chats almost always did include flirting and sometimes I would get delivered random flowers. My favourites were the Chrysanthemums. I realised that it was Fred very quickly since whenever I got them he was around with a waiting impression and smirking when I blushed. But nothing else really happened.

Except, a few things did happen. Dumbledore had recently died and we were all in grief, we really were. But we had to worry about getting ready to get Harry. Ron and one of his friends -Hermione Granger- showed up at the Burrow.
I found myself enjoying Hermione's company. She was smart and kind.
Of course, I had know who she is, the brightest witch of her age, but I never thought she would be so care-free, so fun.

It was a starry night of July 2nd and me and Fred were just enjoying a butterbeer at the Leaky Cauldron. We hadn't been alone for a while, ever since I joined the order I had been included in everything, there was always planning, meetings and arguing and I got to show up and help.

Currently we were planning getting Harry Potter out of his house, since he would turn 17 soon and protection would be taken down. For them, he planning had been going on for months, but for me only one, so I didn't understand everything at first, but I was soon giving out ideas.

"So, you have any more ideas how to get Harry to the burrow safely?" Fred asked me. I took a sip of my butterbeer. "Actually, I do," I said. He straightened up, a gesture which made me laugh.
"I'm listening," he said.
"What if we used polyjuice potion? I mean like, a bunch of us would take it and turn into harry," I said. He looked a little confused, but then started smiling. "God, you're brilliant!" he says. I smiled back at him. "Come on, the meeting is soon anyway. Let's tell them then," he said. He stood up from his chair behind the counter and held out his hand.
"Shall we?" I took his hand and said: "We shall."

We apparated to the burrow and when we entered the kitchen almost everybody was already there. Remus Lupin, an old Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher of mine, greeted both of us and continued his chat with Molly and a girl named Tonks. Soon everybody had arrived and we sat down at the table Molly had extended with a spell. "So, Opi here has an idea," Fred said before anyone else could say anything. "Well, what is it?" Kingsley Shacklebolt said, obviously irritaded about the fact how slowly things were going. I took a deep breath and told them my idea, although I was a little more specific than before.

"That is not a bad idea," Mr.Weasley said after a small silence. Other people murmured in agreement. I sighed in relief. "It does need a little bit fixing up to do, but we need atleast twelve people. Ron and Hermione are obviously in, I'm going and Bill and Fleur might join. The others raise a hand if they are willing to do it," Shacklebolt said. The twins, I, Mr.Weasley, Lupin, the Tonks girl and a few others raised their hands. "That's settled then," Shackebolt said and stood up. The other followed the movement and slowly started leaving. I was grinning ear to ear, I had finally done something helpful.

"What the hell!" Fred snarled and my smile dissapeared. "What?" I asked him. All the others had left and Molly had sneaked into the backyard. "You can't come, its too dangerous," he said.
"Yes, yes I can," I said, voice and face turning serious.
"No, you can't. I'm telling you, its too dangerous," he repeated.
"But I get to do something, I get to help," I tried to explain to him.
"Ophelia, I don't care if you're trying to help. Its too dangerous."
"But-"
"ITS TOO DANGEROUS!" he yelled.

After that, everything was silent. A tear fell down cheek, I brushed it off with the back of my hand. Fred had understood that he had gone too far and opened his mouth to say something, but closed it without doing so. I walked to the door, took my coat and walked out. Fred followed me. "Opi, wait!" he yelled, but I didn't look back and continued to walk towards the apparating spot, Fred walked next to me and tried to apologize. I finally got to the spot after what felt like an eternity. "Opi, please don't go yet, we can ta-" he tried to say, but I was already gone.