Chapter 34: Christmas Feelings

I put on my favourite green sweater and matched it with some black jeans and combat boots. I decided to wear the time turner for today and just as I was struggling to put it on in the bathroom, I felt warm hands meet mine. Fred took over the progress and soon the necklace was hanging onto my neck. I gave him a quick kiss on the lips and then we took out coats, scarves and gloves and headed to the living room. I stepped into the fireplace first and took a bit of floo powder. "The Burrow," I said clearly and dropped the powder. I was dragged into a swirling mixture of colors and after a minute or so I arrived in the Burrow's kitchen. I stepped out quickly and soon Fred also arrived.

We were greeted by Molly and Ginny with big hugs and then we moved on to the living room where George, Lee Jordan and mr.Weasley were hiding. Lee took Fred into a hug and greeted me with a handshake. George pulled us both into a hug and mr.Weasley did the same, I guess he was starting to warm up to me.

When you looked out the window, you could see the snow falling peacefully and everything was covered in white. This was a beautiful Christmas eve, a first one to me. My family had never spent christmas infront of the family and having fun. It was usually just training to become an auror or everyone were in seperate rooms, doing work, reading or practicing spells and jinxes.

I had tried creating the christmas feeling at the shop too. Well, I did need a little bit of help from Fred and George, but I'd call it a success.

We were all soon seated at the table, enjoying the food and having multiple conversations at once. The dinner was amazing, Molly had once again done an amazing job. I was sitting between Ginny and Fred which gave me a great chance to talk to them both.

"I'm not kidding," I tried to say between the bits of laughter. "Y-Yes, y-you arrre," Ginny fought back while giggling furiously. "No, I'm not!" I said, still laughing. This continued for a while until Fred called truce for the both of us.

The rest of the evening flew by with laughter and good fun. Before we knew it, everybody was saying goodnight and heading to their rooms. "Goodnight guys!" Fred said for the last time before closing the door behind us. I took off my sweater and changed into my sleepwear, unaware that Fred was watching. When my eyes fell on him, he was standing there with eyes full of something I couldn't quite understand. He walked towards me and wrapped his arms around my lower waist. "You know I love you, right?" he whispered, putting his forehead against mine. "Yeah, and I love you too, Freddie," I responded. Then he kissed me, passionately and just the way I liked it.

We broke off after a while, both breathless. He changed soon after and we cuddled up in my small bed. He was too big for it, but I didn't mind. I liked him close to me. We soon fell asleep in each other's arms, with him being unaware that my dream waa of him.