Chapter 38: Happy New Year's, Freddie

The dinner was once again amazing. Everyone seemed to be happy, even George. He had seemed to have gotten lost in the moment with his family to worry about his problems. That's another thing I love about this family, they making you forget your problems, they ease the pain.

We were currently eating dessert when Ginny -who was sitting next to me- leaned in and asked me a question in a whisper. "Why are your legs shaking?" she asked and I quickly glanced up at Fred who was sitting on the other end of the table, facing me, and blushed slightly. Ginny gasped. "Oh!My!God" Ginny squeled. A few heads turned away from their conversation to look at Ginny who shrugged it off. But I knew I wasn't free yet.

"10!" we yelled outside, waiting for the fireworks and the new year to start.
"9!" Fred pulled me into a hug.
"8!" everyone was yelling in a chorus.
"7!" I saw mr.Weasley kiss Molly on the cheek.
"6!" A bird flew away from us.
"5!"
"4!"
"3!" Goerge was putting off the fireworks.
"2!" Fred one-sidedly hugged me closer.
"1!" Fred leaned closer to my face.
"Happy new year's!" everyone yelled and Fred pulled me into a deep kiss which I happily returned.
"Happy new year's, Freddie," I whispered into his mouth. "Happy new year's, love," he responded and pulled me back in for a kiss. Then I remember that George was there and I started feeling bad so I pulled away. "I think you should talk with George later. Maybe you could stay in your room tonight?" I said in a low voice. He nodded, but didn't leave me side yet.

We watched the fireworks in amazement for a while until our noses were sore from the cold and we all headed back in. Fred and I seperated on the stairs whith a small kiss. I entered Ginny's room. She had told me she wanted to 'talk'. I switched my clothes into my pajamas and brushed my teeth. Soon later when I was back in her room, Ginny entered. She had a devil's grin on her face and I knew what was coming. "Tell. Me. Everything." she demanded as soon as she closed the door, already in her sleepwear. I giggled slightly and patted on her bed as a sign for her to sit. She layed on her stomach and I made my way onto the bed that was made for me on the floor next to Ginny's bed. And then I started telling her. Not everything, of course, but bits. I told her about Peter, our daily life and how well he treated me.

"Gosh, you're so lucky Fred loves you the ways he does. I mean, he never treats us like he does you. We are his goddamn victims," Ginny whined and I giggled. "Fred cares about everyone," I said, looking down at my fingers. "No, he usually just pranks us," Ginny fought back. I didn't say anything for a while and then attacked her whith a bunch of tickling. I tried everywhere. Neck, underarm, but nothing worked. It was only when I reached her belly when she started giggling furiously. I don't know how long the fun lasted, but at some point we heard a knock on the door.

"Stop fucking my girlfriend, Ginny! Because you know no one can do it better than me!" came Fred voice, full of laughter. "Maybe I was just hurting, Freddie? How would you know?" I asked teasingly. It was meant as a joke, but the second the words came out of my mouth Fred slammed the door open. "I hurt you?!" he basically yelled. I jumped slightly. "I-I was just joking, Fred," I stuttered out. We locked eyes and something in his softened. He came and pulled me in a hug. We heard someone coughing sassily, it was Ginny. "Where's my hug?" she asked and the two of us burst into laughter.