Chapter 7: The Real Home

I wake up from the pain coming from my left hand. When I turn to look at it, nothing is wrong. It had just fallen and the bed frame was pressing against it. Then I noticed Fred, he was still sleeping. I smiled slightly. "Oi lovebirds! I know you're in there!" I heard George yell from behind the door. Fred woke up with a jump and looked confused, which I laughed at. Then he saw me and smiled. "Morning," he said smoothly. "Morning."
"Oi!" George yells again and Fred gets up. "See you at breakfast," he says and starts heading for the door. I grab his hand. He turns around, making us more close together than I expected. I step back. "I need to tell you something," I start, but then I hear Fred sigh and I look up. "You're leaving," he finishes my sentence for me. "Yeah," is the only thing that comes out of my mouth.
"Ok then." He sighs and he leaved the room before I could say anything else.

Molly's reaction was a bit more tragic. She had this look on her face like she had just lost a son. "Oh, Fred will be devasted. Did you tell him yet? Fred, I mean," she got out between the whimpers she tried to hold back. "Actually," I paused. "He didn't really seem to care," I said, head now falling low. Fred and I had become good friends and, of course, I wasn't expecting him to beg me to stay, but I didn't think he would really not care either. "What are you talking about honey?" she asked me. "I told him the first thing in the morning," I explained, still looking at the floor. "Well-" Molly started, but couldn't finish since Fred himself came in.

"Oh hi Fred," I say when I look up, but he just takes an apple and leaves the kitchen. After a very awkward silence Molly finally speaks up. "Very well, I better remove some garden gnomes," she says and leaves the room while mumbling something about teenagers. I sighed and went back to the bedroom.

Fred pretty much ignored me for the rest of the three days. Whenever I arrived at the kitchen he had to leave or when we had to do household chores together he would dissapear. One saturday afternoon Molly pulled me into her bedroom. I looked at her in confusion. "We need to talk."

"So you're telling me Fred is actually sad that I am leaving?" I asked her again. "Not sad, depressed!" she basically yelled, but covered her mouth as soon as she said those words. "Ok," I said and then left the room. I couldn't say I believed her and this conversation was becoming very awkward.

I saw Fred in the house once in a while, but whenver I wanted to talk to him he dissapeared again. It was not until a few days later when he finally talked to me again. I was packing the last of my things when he walked into the bedroom. "Can we talk?" he asked me. "Uh, sure," I stuttered out. Suddenly talking with him didn't seem as good of an idea.
"I thought that, uh, maybe you could stay to live here?" he asked after a pause of silence.
"What?!"