Chapter 24: A Disaster

A lot of people screamed and a lot of them disapparated. Me and Fred stayed with the rest of the family, except Ron who disapparated with Harry and Hermione.

They started throwing curse at us and we barely blocked them. There were so many of them and soon our backs were touching. Fred turned swiftly to look at me and then almost got hit by a curse which I blocked in the final second. And then I looked into the eyes of the Death Eater. One was white and the other was ocean blue. Peter.

I was frozen im shock. And then he started throwing curses at me. I backed away and soon felt something hot on my back. I turned around for a second to see that I was pretty close to a table which had lit on fire. I turned left. He threw another curse which I blocked. "Peter stop!" I yelled and the man froze. "Ophe-" he started, but then I was sucked into a complete darkness.

I was brought back into a place with just some dim lightning coming from outside. "What the heck?" I asked. Then I turned around and saw Fred, still holding my hand. I calmed down a little. Then I freaked out again. "Fred! It was Peter! It was Peter!" I started stuttering. "Who was?" he asked me in a confused. "Peter..The Death Eater..Fred..I'm sorry," I got out between the sobs. He gave me a quick hug. "I'm sorry, I have to go," he said. I looked up at him. I gave him a little beck on the lips and nodded. Then he dissapeared from my arms and I broke down.

I don't know how long I had cried there, between the shelves of candies when I heard a loud crack. "Fred!" I yelled automatically and ran into his arms. He wrapped me in a bear hug that I wished I could stay in forever. But we had break apart soon. "They are gone, but its too dangerous to go back right now. We are staying at my place for a while. Ok?" he blurted out in one go. I nodded quickly and we went up the stairs to their apartment. He opened the door and I was welcomed into a cozy home. It didn't have much. It had the neede furniture, a few big boxes that were problably for the shop and guidditch equipment. I smiled at the view. Fred lead me into a small room that had a double bed, a nightstand, a dresser and quidditch posters all over the walls. "This is my room, but you are gonna use it for now," he said. "That okay?" he asked me. "Yeah," I simply responded. It was more than okay.

I was resting sleeplessy when I heard arguing from the living room. "No Fred! No! She is not family!" I heard George yell. I got up and started walking towards the door and reached out to grab the handle. "She could be one of them! The Death Eaters!" George continued. I froze. Was he talking about me? "We used the Veritaserum on her! She has nothing to do with them. Opi is innocent!" Fred argued back. I held onto the time turner Fred had given me nervously. I had worn it to the wedding and had forgotten it on. I silence had fallen and then I heard footsteps. The door opened and I took a few steps back. Fred paused. Then he closed the door. "Sorry about that," he said as casually as he could but I knew he was still a little shaken up from the fight. I hugged him and we slowly made our way onto the bed where we cuddled up and soon fell asleep. I was the bigger spoon.