Chapter 36: Fireworks

"Peter, what does it matter to you?" I asked him, generally confused. "It matters if you slept with that idiot!" he yelled. "So what if she fucking did?" Fred snarled next to me and automatically put a hand on my waist. I jumped slightly, but calmed myself quickly.  They continued arguing for a few minutes until I got tired of Peter acting like a brick. "Fuck off," I said before slamming the door in front of his stunned face. 

When I turned to look at Fred, he was grinning ear to ear. "That was brilliant," he said. I smiled back and pulled him into a kiss but it didn't last long because I soon heard small cries of the pygmy puffs which meant that they had woken up. I walked into the living room where we had left them last night. They were still in their box and seemed to have run out of food. I filled their bowl and petted both of them softly, they reacted with a small purr-like sound and it made me melt.

Then I looked up at our clock and realized we has only an hour until my cafè and Fred's shop were going to open. I ran back to the hallway and told Fred about the time. He was much more calmer than me. He said he'll make breakfast and I headed to the bathroom.

It was only fifteen minutes later when Fred came knocking at the door. "What's taking you so long?" he asked in a muffled voice. I laughed a little bit at that and the responded. "Getting ready for a thing called work. You know what that is, Freddie?" I asked sarcastically. "Yeah, yeah. I'll leave you to it," he said and I heard footsteps getting quieter. I finished in the bathroom and headed towards kitchen. "Gosh, finally," Fred said when I came in and put the eggs and coffee on the table. I took  our works from the drawer and we dug in. 

We parted in front of my cafè with a small kiss and then he left to open the shop and meet George. I smiled slightly and entered the building. I turned on the lights, set up the machines and then I was ready to start the day. The first customer came in after 10 minutes and after that the cafè started to slowly fill up. The work day was as usual. A lot of my customers ordered my drinks with some of the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes products, they have been popular  for a while now. I ended the day with an old woman and then closed the cafè completely. 

Fred arrived at our apartment soon after I had. He pulled me into a small kiss and the collapsed on the sofa and soon fell asleep. I decided to just make dinner for us since it was almost seven. I went for some chicken and fries, a boring choice really but it was all we had. I woke Fred up, although I really didn't want to. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep. We ate the dinner without a word and I was starting to feel like something was off. I tried brushing it off and then I had a great idea. I took the fireworks box and clothed up me and Fred. 

We entered the cold air and I started setting up the fireworks in the backyard. "Opi, I don't think this is a very good idea, I don't think people are going to-" he started but I told him to shut up and wait. I lighted it and backed off quickly. I took my place next to Fred and watched as it took off into the dark sky. It spelled out: I love you, Fred Weasley. His faced started beaming with pure happiness and I felt my legs grow weak. He kissed me passionately under the beautiful fireworks and I felt like I was in a fairytale. That moment was a piece of a fairytale.