Chapter 16: Fred's girlfriend

It had been a day since I had made up with Fred. It was currently the afternoon and me and Molly were making food for dinner. We were having a bigger one, all of us would come together, sit at the table and catch up. I liked the idea. If we lost anybody it would be like a proper goodbye.

"Hey mom. Hey Opi," Fred greeted us.
"Oh." Molly jumped. "Don't scare me like that!" she yelled, but Fred only laughed.
"Hey Fred," I said. He looked at me and we both smiled. God, he was so beautiful. A silence fell and for a while Molly was just staring at us. "Very well, since you are here could you please-" Molly started, but Fred cut her off. "Actually, me and Ophelia wanted to go to the shop, to you know, uh, check on the prices and stuff." He winked at me. I picked up fast that he did not want to the chores, classic Fred.
"Yeah, shall we?" I asked.
"We shall."

We used the floo powder this time. It was much easier and I wondered why I hadn't used it before. "Shit. We are going to have to use the last of it. Its alright, we can buy some more as we come back," he said. He winked at me before he dropped the powder and with a clear and loud voice said: "The Leaky Cauldron at Diagon Alley."

We arrived at the Leaky Cauldron's fireplace.
"'Ello Fred! The usual?" A bald and chubby bartender asked Fred. "Sure. What do you want, Opi?" he asked me. "Firewhisky, please," I said to the bartender. "Ooh, going a little strong for the afternoon," Fred said. "Its never too early or too late," I respond and we both start laughing.

We were soon dancing on the dancing floor to a slow rythm, half drunk. I would never dance if I was sober. We were both staring at each other and smiling. His hand moved from my waist to under my shirt. I gasped, to which he grinned at. "Fred, you're drunk," I tried to say, but he cut me off with a needy kiss.

The kiss was desperate, but in a way, perfect. When we broke it off we wre once again out of breath. Fred was grinning the same smile again. "I think I want to tell my mom about you, about us."

I gasped. I hadn't thought about Molly at all. What would she think about this? Would she approve? A million thoughts flashed through my mind. We had stopped swinging to the beat. His hands were still under my shirt and my hands were on his shoulders. "We don't have to of course, but-" he started to stutter. I laughed a little. He looked me in the eye and my smile dissapeared. His face was serious.
"Which part?" I asked.

"The part of you being my girlfriend?" he said, but it sounded more like a question. I gasped once more. "G-Girlfriend?" I asked. I was honestly scared that it was one of their pranks. But Fred's face said otherwise...
"I mean like I-I-" But he couldn't get to finish before I kissed him again. After we broke off I said:
"Take it as a yes."