Chapter 44: Sycamore Tree

It wasn't long before Hinny died to. It must have been a virus. I stayed up nights straight, waiting for a change. I wanted to be there in case it happened. I had even closed the cafè, although it was already gone ever since I had stayed at the hostel for a month. Fred and George's shop was still going.

It happened two weeks later, at the end of March. The doctors had tried, but nothing had seemed to help so eventually they gave up. We put her where they had put Ginny, under a sycamore tree near the burrow. It was a hard time for both of us, but we stayed together. We had lost enough time already.

I wanted Fred and George to have something special for their birthday. I already had a plan for George, bewitched fireworks. They would spell out Happy Birthday George Weasley. But for Fred, I had no idea. It was only three days before their birthday when I had an idea.

My mother used to make jewelry. Actual jewelry, with gold and silver, diamonds and rocks, bewitched and normal, all sorts. She used to teach me and I was pretty sure I could do it. So I went down to our little shed that we had gotten with our apartment. I had everything I need and I was ready to get to work. I was making a ring. A necklace is not Fred's time and he would never wear a bracelet. I graved I'll love you for eternity on the ring, just like my time turner. I added some vines as details and then it looked perfect.

I came back into the apartment in the evening to see Fred sipping his coffee, looking as handsome as ever. He smiled at me and motioned for me to grab a cup. As I was putting honey into the coffee, there was a knock on the door. I heard mumbled voices of Fred and George. Soon they both walked into the kitchen. George had Angelina with him. They were once again dating and this time there seemed to be less issues. 

It turned out things were getting so out of hand that they were also closing. There was no point to keep the business going. A lot of houses were getting destroyed and the families had no time to think about such things as pranks or fireworks. 

While the boys were talking about the shop, me and Angelina went to the bedroom with our coffee cups. "Fred really loves you," she said the moment we both sat down. I choked on my coffee for a second. I hadn't expected this kind of talk. "Really," she said, in a voice that said 'are you really dumb enough to think he doesn't?' Of course, I knew Fred loved me. He had told me and showed me many times. "I know," I said as calmly as I could. "George really loves you to," I continued and she bursted into a small bit of something giggle like. "I know," she copied my words.