Chapter 42: Big Egos

I couldn't believe I was doing this. Why was I doing this again? I stared coldly at the big and white mansion. Memories flooded back to me, happy ones. When we were just children and didn't know anything about the world yet.

I sighed and knocked on the wooden door. A few minutes of silence and I knocked again. This time I heard footsteps and an old man opened the door. Hank. He was Peter's grandfather and I'm pretty sure the only sane person in this house. He hated Voldemort but couldn't say anything about it.

"Miss. Salamander, good to see you," he said as his small smile grew into a bigger one. "Hello, Hank. Do you...um happen to know where Peter is?" I asked, automatically looking around behind him. "He's probably in his bedroom, you know where it is," he said and stepped out of the way so I could enter.

I knew exactly where Peter's room was because I had been there at least a thousand times. Peter had been my childhood best friend until we started dating in 4th year at Hogwarts when things started going really downhill. He became distant and I couldn't pull him out of his bubble, yet I never left him. I'll never know why.

I gently knocked on the door and heard a muffled 'come in'. I carefully walked in, but it didn't help. When he noticed who I was he quickly stood up from his armchair and pulled out his wand. He looked very angry. I put my hands up in defense and he only slightly lowered his wand. "What do you want?" he asked coldly. I sighed heavily before I decided to say anything. "To apologize for what Fred did. It was irresponsible and stupid," I responded. He lowered his wand completely and put it down on the coffee table next to him. "You don't even know what he did, do you?" he asked and I looked up at him. "What did he do?" I asked, but he stayed silent. "Peter, what the heck did he do?!"

"He basically rubbed it in my face how he had slept with you and I -who dated you for years- had never gotten the 'chance'" he said with a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry that I got angry and uh... attacked him," he said an met my eyes. He looked like he was actually sorry. "Peter. Why did you never tell me you were with of them? Death Eaters, I mean" I asked. I wanted to talk about it... and I also didn't want to talk about Fred. "I'm not, I'm a spy," he said boldly. I felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head. What the hell was this about. "What?!" I hissed, slightly leaning in. I don't know why he took it like that, but the next moment his lips met mine in a bold kiss. 

I reacted quickly. I pulled away and slapped him. "How dare you?" I hissed. "I-I thought you-" he started put I stormed off before he could say anything else. I left the mansion with anger slowly rising in me. Stupid boys with their big egos.