18 : New Neighbor

Me and Hyejin went back to our classroom, I sat beside Sunghoon and arranged my things. Then Jungwon entered the classroom and he had red puffy eyes and a red nose. My face looked at him sad but he ignored me. I was worried for him.

*class ends*

"Uh, hey Jihyun?" Sunghoon called.

"What do you want?" I asked arrogantly.

"Sorry earlier." he scratches his nape.

"Oh, don't worry about that." and I started to smile at him cutely.

"Can we be friends?" he requested.

"Yeah, sure!" I agreed, and we both left our classroom.

"Are you new here in this town too?" I questioned while walking towards the exit.

"Actually, yes. Just yesterday."

"Good to know.." I chuckled.

We reached the exit but we didn't stop walking. We were about to continue walking but I remembered that I had a bike. "Hey, just wait a minute. I'm just going to get my bike." I said and he nodded. I walked towards the school again, I was about to unlock the lock of my bike when I noticed that Jungwon's bike was not there anywhere.

I sigh and walked my bike with me, and walked towards Sunghoon. "Oh, let me help!" he suggested and grabbed my bag that I was struggling to carry.

"T-thanks." and let him held my bag.

Jungwon's POV

I was just hiding at the corner of the school with my bike, and saw Jihyun and Sunghoon laughing at each other. My heart dropped again, and a single tear escaped my eye and I quickly wiped it off and just stood there all alone again...

Jihyun's POV (again)

"You lived here??" Sunghoon asks.

"Uh yes??"

"Good! We're just neighbors!!" My eyes lit up.

"Really?? Where's your house??" He pointed to the house next to mine. I was impressed.

"Woah, welcome new neighbor!" I said happily, he just chuckled. "Let's go inside." I said and parked my bike at the side.

I grabbed my keys and unlocked the door, I was about to touch the door knobbed when Sunghoon reached it for me. "It's too much, and I don't have something to repay you." I said nervously.

"It's no big deal." he smiled widely.

I went inside and Sunghoon followed before me, I removed my shoes and went to the living room but I forgot that the things aren't arranged in the right spot. "Oh, sorry 'bout that." I grinned.

"Let me help you with it." He put my bag to the side and helped me arrange the couch and moved it to the right spot.

"You're very helpful, you know?" I commented.

"Thank you." he slightly chuckled. "Do you want this to continue?" he asks.

"If you don't mind, sure." I said and picked up the paint brush that was on the floor, and he picked up the other one as well.

*after painting*

"You're fast at painting huh?" I commented, we just finished painting the kitchen in just an hour. "Oh, it's already 6 o'clock maybe your parents are waiting for you at hom-"

"I don't live with my parents." he said in a sad tone.

"W-why not?" I asked concernly.

"Well, my parents divorced and they lived with their new families now," he said and I was imagining his life. "I lived with my aunt, but she has work. So, here I am. Living with myself." he added, I was shocked.

"I..am sorry to hear that." I was sorry for him living like that, we... we were just the same...

"You? Who do you live with?" he asked while looking at me.

"M-me? I used to live with my father."

"Where is he?" the question breaks me.

"J-jail.." he looks at me with a concerned face.

"Why?"

"Long story.." he just nodded.

"Do you want something to eat?" I looked up to him.

"Yes, but I didn't have enough money to buy food.." I sigh in defeat. "Then let's go and find to a vaccant work adventuring tommorrow!" he suggested.

"What about the house?" I said.

"How about we finished your house all day tommorow. Then if we finished it just in one day, after school we just go find ourselves some job! Does that sound good?" he said.

"It seems good to me, deal?" I stood up and offered him my hand.

"Deal." he accepted my hand and stood up.

"But we needed just one more helper." I frowned and crossed my arms. "Then text Hyejin." he commented. "Yeah... yeah good thinking. I wish I had one of your brains." I pouted and we both chuckled.

*text conversation*

Hey Hyejin!

Yeah?

Don't attend school tomorrow, just go straight to my house.

Wh-

No why's! Just go here at 6am.

O-ok

*text conversation ends*