22 : Suspicion

f/f = favorite flower

School was very boring today. And as you can see, I still don't know what's wrong with Jungwon. But every time we walk past each other, it's either we look at each other or talk to our new friend which is his Aera and my friend of mine, Sunghoon. I felt this weird feeling inside me. I think it's called the 'jealous' feeling, and I don't know why I felt that feeling every time I saw him talking to other girls.

Do I started to developed feelings for him?

"Aish.." I mattered under my breath out loud, but I didn't seem to care.

"You ok, Jihyun?" Sunghoon placed a comforting hand behind my back.

"Yeah..." I nodded and walked away to go to the bathroom. We're still on work and it's almost the end of work. I got inside the bathroom and I faced the mirror. I sighed. "What's wrong with you Jihyun?" I murmured.

"Why is that?" someone talked behind me.

"Oh hey Hyejin..." I was about to leave the bathroom when Hyejin grabbed my forearm.

"Answer me Jihyun." she asks with a worried face.

"No, uhm..." I let myself stay inside the bathroom. "I think.. I.. j-just started t-to develop feelings... for..." Of course with the stuttering Jihyun.

"For?" she leaned with me at the counter where the sink was placed.

"For... J-Jungwon..." I looked at my feet.

"But why don't you confess to him?" I looked up at her sadly.

"Because I'm worried that I'll destroy our friendship that is already wrecked." I was about to tear up, but I held inside my sobs.

"And why is that?"

"I don't know... Our last conversation was when he stormed out of the table, you were in there." she looked away and she seemed to understand. "Wait.." I thought of something that pissed him off, Hyejin looked at me curiously.

"What was the last conversation that we talked about before he stormed off?" we said in sync.

*last conversation*

"So tell me."

"He's Park Sunghoon." she commented, and I nod.

"He seems cute.." I replied,

"Also arrogant." Hyejin added.

"Yeah, I agree." I said. Then in the corner of my eye, I saw Jungwon's hands dropped at the table harshly and the table started to shake aggressively.

I turned to Jungwon who was storming off of the table we're in. Hyejin leaned to me and said,"Is he high?" while she's whispering.

"Maybe he just has a problem, just give him a little space." I said and Hyejin nodded.

*last conversation ends*

We looked at each other and widened our eyes. "He is..." I couldn't say the word that's at the tip of my tongue.

"Jealous..." Hyejin added, that was the word I'm looking for.

"But why??"

"Maybe because he likes you." her eyes lit up.

"What? That's not possible, and he can't be..."

We're interrupted when someone knocks at the door. "I heard everything!!!" someone yelled outside. Hyejin was about to open the door but I put my arm in front of her. She looked at me and questioned me without talking.

"He's leaning at the door." I whispered. Her face turned into a awe expression 'cause she understands what I'm going to do next.

I walked quietly towards the door, I grabbed the handle and spotting the right time to do it. "And... now!" I opened the door harshly and I was right! Sunghoon was leaning at the door and he fell when I opened it. He groans while me and Hyejin are laughing at him. "You'll get injured, if you do that again and again." I said between my laughs.

Hyejin stopped laughing while she helped Sunghoon to get up. Wait. For the first time in my life, Hyejin helped a boy to stand up. Oooh.. this girl has a crush on Sunghoon. "Okay then.. What brings you here?" I asked while Hyejin is still holding onto Sunghoon.

"I just wanted to say that work is done."

"Yeah, right." We then grabbed our things and started walking home.

*outside my home*

"Hey Sunghoon, sorry 'bout earlier." I looked at him with a weak smile.

"No, it's fine, really. I'm the one should be sorry 'cause I don't give you two a privacy.." he scratches his nape.

"Then the apology was accepted." I smiled at him and he smiled back.

I was about to walk to my house when, "Jihyun." I turned around.

"Yeah?"

"I just want to have some favor from you.." he said shyly.

"What is it?" he sighed deeply and talked.

"I-I want to court Hyejin..." I was shocked at him.

"Uhm.. Yeah, sure." I nodded and smiled at him.

"But please don't tell her that I like her..." he stopped me from turning back. I nodded once again and both smiled at each other, and hugged me.

Jungwon's POV

I bought Jihyun's favorite flower which was f/f. I decided that this day I'll apologize to her, because I ignored her these past few days and I overreacted about that guy.

I was about to walk at her house, when I saw Jihyun and Sunghoon talking. They're smiling at each other, I felt broken again. Then the next thing that happened was I saw them hugging each other. I just felt a weird warm texture crawling down to my cheeks and it was called tears.

I didn't believe that she hugs back, maybe she's happy without me...

I just want to shout about how broken I was. I didn't realize that I dropped the flowers and I started to accept the truth and walked away.