19 : Awkward

*text conversation ends*

"Hey, let's eat something at my house." Sunghoon told me and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Oh no no," I said and waved my hands in front of me to deny.

"No it's ok, let's go!" he grabbed my hands and we walked towards his house.

He opened the front door, and we walked inside. "Wow..." is the only word that came out from my mouth.

"Interested?" He closed the door behind me.

"Very. Interested." I chuckled.

"Make yourself feel at home." he offered and I sat on the couch.

"What do you wanna eat?" he questioned.

"Tteokbokki? Please?" I raised my shoulder for being not-so-sure.

"Okay." he said and went to the kitchen.

*a few hours later*

We finished eating dinner and we were telling our own funny stories and laughing at each other. "THAT'S HILARIOUS!!!" I said catching my breath from laughing so hard.

"I KNOW!!" he laughed.

"Hey uh... I'll go home now," I grabbed my back and my coat.

"Oh, okay sure." he stood up and walked me at the front door.

"See you tomorrow!" I said and put two fingers at the edge of my eyebrow, and saluted him.

"Be home safe!" he yelled while I walked towards my house.

"I only live next door!" I yelled back and he got embarrassed.

*the next day*

I ate my food peacefully and my front door started to make some loud noises. I ran towards it and opened the door. "Yo- What was that for?" I said looking at Hyejin who already entered my house, knowing that there's no demon inside.

I was about to close the door when someone forced me to stop, I looked outside and saw "Jungwon?" I murmured but he didn't hear it. He just entered, "What are you doing here? I didn't remember that I've invited you?" I asked him but he ignored me, and I think Hyejin noticed the awkwardness.

"Uh- I-I invited him." Hyejin replied and I just nodded. I was about to close the door again when someone yelled outside.

"HOLD IT FOR ME!!!" Sunghoon yelled, and pushed the door harshly so I fell.

I fell on my elbows, and Jungwon noticed that I was in pain. He was about to help me when Sunghoon came to me. He offered me his hand to help me stand up, and I accepted it. "T-thanks."

I looked at Hyejin, her face expression was familiar to me... Jealous? I snapped out from my thoughts when the door bang closed, I ran towards it and saw Jungwon storming off.

"Jungwon!!!" I yelled his name, but he didn't seem to care. And that made my heart broke.

Jungwon's POV

Jihyun fell when Sunghoon pushed the door harshly in front of her. I was about to help her when Sunghoon offered his hands to Jihyun. And Jihyun accepted it. It hurts me seeing Jihyun with some other boys and not with me.

I didn't notice but a single tear started to drop on my eye, and Sunghoon noticed it. So I stormed off. "Jungwon!!!" I heard Jihyun yell my name, but I pretended to not hear it. Just letting my tears fall.

*at my home*

I reached my home and stormed inside. I sat down on the couch and cried softly, not until when my phone chimmed. I took my phone outside my pocket and saw that Jihyun had some missed calls and some new texts. But I didn't bother to open it and read it.

Instead...

I texted Aera....

*text conversation*

Hey..

You good?

Yeah, just wanna invite you to my house. Are you ok with it?

It sounds good to me, give me your address.

(gives address)

Ok, I will be there in a minute!

Ok, thanks.

*text conversation ends*

I kinda felt a little bit better. While waiting for Aera, I went to the kitchen and searched for something on one of the cabinets. I opened the last cabinet and smiled, I saw the wines and beer. "Bingo." I said and took out some of the strong beers.

I went to the Living room and placed the beer at the coffee table in front of me. I sat on the couch again and played with my phone.

I went to my gallery app and saw the picture of me and Jihyun at the amusement park, and tears started to fill my eyes again.