Moments

"Brandon. Brandon!" I yelled from the bathroom, but clearly I was being ignored by my husband.

I washed my hands and exited the bathroom going directly to our bedroom. He was on the bed watching the discovery channel with his hand resting on his stomach under his T shirt.

"I know you heard me calling you." I waddled to the bed with my hand on my hip.

"Yeah. I was going to come when this went on commercial." He said never taking his eyes off of the TV.

"So watching lions prey on those poor antelope is more important than your pregnant wife screaming for you from the bathroom?"

"Are you hurt?" He asked looking at me once a commercial came on.

"Do I look hurt? No."

"Are you in labor?"

"No, Brandon." I said going back to the bathroom. "Come here I want to show you something."

"What is it?" He asked standing by the door.

I turned around with a paper towel in my hand. Once he saw the yellowish green blob his face immediately scrunched in disgust once he realized what it was.

"What the hell? What is that? Did that come out of your nose?"

"No. It's my mucus plug. It came out right after I used the bathroom. Look at it. It has like traces of blood in it." I said holding it towards him smiling.

"Stop playing. Get that away from me." He gagged and went towards the toilet. "That's nasty. I don't want to see that. Next time just flush it." He gagged again before walking out making sure not to come close to me.

I flushed the plug, washed my hands and got in the bed with Brandon. "I just wanted you to see it." I laid next to him holding his hand.

"Camille, you could've warned me. You know my stomach is weak sometimes." He said looking at the TV.

"I hope your stomach isn't weak when I'm pushing out a butterball turkey." I rubbed my stomach. "You know that means the baby will be here soon, right?"

"Yeah. Who would've thought it? I'm so happy that we were able to create a child together. I'm so blessed to have you." He kissed the top of my head.

"I love you, baby daddy." I smiled because he hated being called that.

"I love you more, Cam."

I loved our moments together when we would just express our love for each other. It took us a while to get there, but the process was worth it. Our little family was all I needed. Sometimes I look back at the things that we went through to get there and I'm amazed at how we made it. We had to do individual counseling, as well as marital counseling. As much as we had learned about each other there were still some things that Brandon didn't know. I kept getting a feeling that I should have told him, but I was selfish and wanted to enjoy my happiness.

We moved into a new house once we renewed our vows. After what happened with Bre and Will I got a new apartment to live until we figured out what we were going to do about our marriage. There were too many bad memories in that house, so Brandon went out and got us a new house and it was perfect for us. It was actually a combination of both of our dream homes.

Peyton was a little handful to say the least. She was jealous of the baby that wasn't even born yet. Some days I could handle her and other days she was too much. During the pregnancy she climbed on me and tried to stand on my stomach. She even punched my stomach yelling "Ball! Ball!". Brandon put her in time out and explained that she was hurting the baby. After what we went through we decided that we'd look for alternative ways to discipline our children. Now, I understood that every now and then a butt whooping may have to take place. That Peyton likes to test the waters so I'm sure she'll experience a switch or two.

The girls at Allured and Justyce had thrown me a baby shower and it was so nice. I was thankful that my baby was going to have everything that was needed. We didn't know the sex of the baby, so we had the nursery decorated gray and mint with white furniture. I'm sure after decorating and organizing the nursery Brandon would never help me with another project. At least that's what he said, but his love wouldn't let him tell me no.

I woke up at 2:45 in the morning and I was starving, but I was craving something that I knew we didn't have in the house.

"Baby, wake up." I said shaking his shoulder

He turned over and pulled the cover over his head. I'm hated waking him up because he was a hard sleeper.

"Brandon, wake up." I shook him.

"What, man?" He grumbled tucking himself more into the cover.

"I'm hungry. You're child is hungry. Get up." I whined.

"Cam, it's like three in the morning go make a sandwich."

"We don't want a sandwich."

"What do you want then?"

"Strawberry cheesecake pancakes from IHOP."

"No. Im not going to IHOP. Get some cereal. I'm not going anywhere." He turned over and instantly went back to sleep.

My eyes started to water. I hated that I would cry over the smallest things. My hormones were all over the place. I sat up so that I could get out of the bed. I turned the light on and looked for a shirt in my drawer.

"What are you doing? Turn the light off." Brandon said looking at me.

"I'm getting dressed so I can get some food to feed my starving child. Mama loves you, baby." I talked in a baby's voice. I rubbed my stomach and looked down at it.

"Get back in the bed. I'll go." He said and I smiled at my victory. I knew he wasn't going to let me go.

He let out a loud dramatic sigh and sat on the side of the bed to wake himself up. He pulled on a t shirt and put on his slides.

"Call it in. That way I don't have to wait that long." He said going out of the door.

"I love you, Brandon." I yelled out to him.

"Mm hm. I love you, too."

I called the order in and I tried to wait, but I was hungry so I went to get something to eat. I thought I'd be able to wait up for him to come back, but I failed and I was knocked out when he got back with my food.

"You better be playing." He said tapping me. "Camille, you're going to eat these pancakes." He sat the bag on my stomach and I pushed it off.

"Stop. I'm trying to sleep." I said adjusting my pregnancy pillow.

"I thought the baby was hungry?" I could hear him putting things on the nightstand.

"It took you too long. I ate a sandwich." I heard him blow as he snatched the bag and went downstairs.

He came back and got in bed still mumbling. "I bet you eat those pancakes. Lucky I love you. Had me out and you ate a sandwich."

I adjusted again and said,"Love you, baby daddy."

*********************************************

Hey loves! Look at Camille being all happy, married and pregnant. I'm going to let them be cute and have their moment. Get ready to experience different emotions.

I like feedback. Comments are motivation. I want to know what you're thinking.

**VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW**