Some Good Marines Pt2

Chapter 23

POV Nami

After briefly partying with the villagers, I went to warn Luffy and his crew to make sure they don't fight Arlong; after all the Marines were here. If they find out that this is a battle between two pirate crews, then it's over. Marines have no mercy for pirates.

I started to panic as I started to see signs of battle in the distance, I then ran as fast as I can towards Arlong Park. What I saw there was surreal.

I saw Luffy standing over an unconscious Arlong and Sanji and Zoro respectively over one of Arlong's goons. I then saw the Rear Admirals standing behind them. Thankfully it looks like they haven't found out yet. It makes sense after all, these top dogs from the Marines wouldn't know about some new pirates in East Blue.

Luffy: NAMI! You are my crew mate, GOT IT?

THAT IDIOT! The Rear Admirals are literally right in front of you! My heart started to race as I started to turn towards Kara to think of an excuse.

Diana: Crew...?

Ahhh... too late! My heart sank as Rear Admiral Diana had a look of understanding on her face. About to cry, I walked up to Luffy and balled up my fists.

Me: Shut up you idiot! *smack*

Was this how about short adventure was going to end? Before even properly setting sail? It's all this idiot's fault!

Zoro: Bounty hunters! Bounty Hunter! We're a bounty hunter crew!

Nice save Zoro! I looked at the Rear Admirals and the other officer (was she called Sarah?) who started nodding. Good, looks like they're buying the story.

It seems like the Marines just arrived at the scene as well as they were filling up the story to Zoro and Sanji. Technically Luffy was well but does he ever listen properly anyway?

Luffy: Oh~ so you guys are good guys. I thought I might have to beat you up too. hehe

... Oh crap

The air suddenly got colder as the expression of the Rear Admirals. Rear Admiral Diana suddenly gave Luffy a cold smirk.

Diana: Hoh~ Is that so?

The next moment, Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Ussop were all on the ground choking, as if pushed down by an invisible pressure. While I wasn't affected, I felt a shiver on my back as I understood the difference in power between us.

Kara : A word of advice for you Straw Hat wearing guy; don't try to threaten a high ranking Marine Officer. Some of us will charge you with that as a crime.

With that, the invisible pressure disappeared. Damn it Luffy! How many times do you have to put us at risk before you're satisfied?

As Zoro stood up shakily, he too had an expression of shock and awe at how easily he was defeated...without even being touched.

Then as if nothing happened, Rear Admiral Diana passed a note to Zoro

Diana: We'll take the Arlong pirates on our ship to Lougetown. You just need to pass the note to any Marine Base and you'll get your bounty.

Was their bounties in the 30 millions? Truly tempting... if the Marines don't know who we are yet, maybe it's worth a try?

We didn't get the chance to try. The moment we left my island, we had a bounty on our Captain. To top it off, only an hour after we docked on Lougetown, we had Marines chasing us.

I couldn't open my eyes clearly in the rain but there was another Marine in front of our ship, away from us, facing the ship.

Ussop: *hihhh!*