I thought I died - Ace

Chapter 57

POV Portugas D. Ace, During the Paramount War

*stab* *stab*

I felt the blades go through my heart and I knew I was going to die. I could feel blood pooling on my insides and my insides cooling and slowing down as blood no longer circulated. As I started to lose consciousness, I choked out my last words...to leave my will.

Ace: Old Man...! Everyone...! And...you, Luffy...Even though I'm so worthless...Even though I ........carry the blood of a demon ...Thank you.....for loving me!!!

My brain couldn't think clearly. Looks like this was it...

...

...

...

Something was wrong, why was this taking so long? Why does my body feel fine?

Kara: I might've lied. We did save you, It's time to get you out of here without Sengoku noticing.

Vice Admiral? But why? Anyway, I wasn't one to not take a saving hand. I stayed limp and when force was applied, I fell to my side and took as little and small breaths as possible.

Kara: Sis and I are going down there. Also, I'm bringing the corpse to them as well.

This was seriously confusing me. I knew from the moment I met the two of them that they weren't really enemies, but why did they save me? Also, how did they even save me? I know my heart was stabbed through...completely. Nobody's supposed to survive that! Devil Fruit or not!

Diana: The sins of the father are not to be carried by the sons. You broke that already; let them at least have a proper funeral with his body. He's already dead.

She was making a good case there. But now... I'm just really tired. So many deaths, so many fights... all for me. Even right here in the core of the Marine Organization, here they are saving me. But why...? Is this too because of my bloodline? Is that really all there is to me?

I felt a tug on my arm as I started flying... or being carried at an extremely high speed. I decided to trust whoever was carrying me and stayed as limp as possible.

Kara: The sins of the father must not be carried by the son. Ace, you aren't exactly innocent for your crimes as a Pirate, but there are greater evils out there. You know what I'm talking about right? Big Mom, Kaido, Doflamingo as well as the other big forces in the New World. Take your brother and bring them down. Rally them all for Justice, not for any one flag but the ideal itself for Justice. Understand me?

I agreed with what she was saying. There were greater evils out there. Evils which the Marines couldn't possible take them out alone. They would need more than that. Was this why she was sparing me? Still, I would be stupid not to take it. I tensed my muscle slightly to tell her that I understood what she meant.

Kara: Ace... if they find out that you're still alive before this war is over, that means my career and life is over as well. You got that? The person who saved you is the doctor at the Whitebeard Pirates, not me. Stay silent for a couple of years at least. Otherwise Sengoku's going to have my head, Ok?

And of course, the obvious. I wasn't dumb enough to just state that I'm alive after they openly broadcasted my execution. I was planning on staying low for at least a couple years anyway. Otherwise the entire Marine and World would be after me. No way they would let the offspring of the Pirate King himself live on this planet.

As I tensed my muscle again, I found myself being flung, quite hard. I crashed into a ship... probably the remaining Whitebeard ship if I am right.