Freedom

Chapter 46

It was officially a year since the Paramount War and our powers grew unrivaled except each other. Of course, the world remained oblivious to our new powers but bit by bit in fights against Pirates we tested out our new Powers. We were so swift and clean in dealing with pirates and other criminals around the world, that not only were we deemed the 'Youngest Admirals' but also the 'Strongest Admirals' which was saying of all time. I might've not agreed with this statement a few months ago but after seeing how much we've grown, I've got to admit we've gotten stronger.

A month ago, sis and I had the chance to spar against our father once more, who has gotten stronger with the training the demand from the Marines. It was no longer even a fair fight. The fight was over only a couple minutes in as father surrendered against each of us. While we did expect this result, it was still a groundbreaking moment for us to finally confirm it, to climb a wall that seemed so incredibly high when we first saw it.

We also beat Garp on 1 on 1 fights when we were sparring. This did end up trashing a few deserted islands but that's fine. I think the main reason for our win though is mostly due to his age than anything. Despite that, he was one of the toughest opponents I've ever faced. His attacks were simple; just punches and kicks. No devil fruit to spice anything up nor any tricks to try and deceive my senses. Instead, this straightforward attack was incredibly fast and unbelievably heavy. In his Haki clad hands, I could see why so many legendary pirates fell to him. While we were with him we also got to see Koby and that other guy who was the son of the Ax Hand Morgan or something...nah, the other guy's not important anyway. Koby was pretty interesting, definitely a rising figure in the Marines. He told me he was about to join a special Marine Unit called SWORD or something. Sounded pretty cool to me.

Personally, I liked the guy. He shared our sense of Justice. One that stood for the ideals of the Marines. Of standing to up to uphold the ideals of Justice as well as protecting the defenseless from harm. That was what he wanted to make the Marines into if he accomplished his goal of becoming one of the Marine Admirals.

Despite our status as Admirals, we were given the same freedom as when we were Vice Admirals as we kept going on the Requiem to all around the Blues and the Grand-Line to hunt troublesome pirates. This left only Kizaru to work for the World Noble's whims. Having to hunt down every non-important and stupid pirates on his owns. Not even once did we respond to their calls and this obviously put us into their 'Bad Admirals' bag, not that we cared.

One of the downside of becoming an Admiral was the meetings and all the formal stuff we had to do. We also got some more paperwork than before but that wasn't really a problem. Most of it was just asking for permission anyway, it wasn't anything like Sengoku scale work.

One such meeting was atop the Holy City of Marie Jois where all the scumbags of the world was living. We met with the 5 Elder Stars once again and was disgusted by their corruption and willingness to sacrifice so much just to uphold their honor as the Word Government. Sakazuki, who was also with us was disgusted as well.

Sakazuki: Those old dogs of the World Nobles...

I honestly could not agree with him more when he said that. During the few months where he was Fleet Admiral and sis and I worked under him as Admirals, we became closer than I initially thought possible. Perhaps it was because losing us would mean a major loss of power for the Marines, or perhaps he actually began to see our point in his 'Absolute Justice' but our relationship was not something I would've expected a year ago. Honestly, I think he's starting to realize our point of view in his justice, after all, it was all we ranted about to him.

After a meeting in that dreaded Marie Jois, the Marine's top officers were called to an incident at Sabaody Archipelago before returning to G-1 (or Old MarineFord). After completing what we came here for, there were a couple of hours left until we needed to our ship.