Portugas D. Ace

Chapter 41

As expected, Luffy was immediately kicked off the platform by Kizaru, then stabbed by Aokiji... yet the tide turned as Whitebeard took out his hidden card and an unexpected ally helped him.

Sengoku: Proceed!

The two captains were knocked off the platform (not killed like in Canon) by Crocodile just as they raised their blades. They took a tumbling down the platform before they came back to their senses...all the way at the bottom.

Below, a fight between Aokiji and Marco began as Whitebeard brought forth his last ship up onto the surface. All survivors of the magma meteor strike climbed onto the ship as they charged into the wall.

*break*

One portion of the wall broke, but that was all the Whitebeard pirates and their allies needed.

Marine: Whitebeard has made it to the Plaza!!!

Whitebeard put his fist into the air and rallied his men once more.

Whitebeard: THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME!! WE'RE GOING TO RESCUE ACE! AND TAKE OUT THE WHOLE NAVAL FORCE!!

Behind me, Sengoku and Garp prepared to fight.

Aokiji went off to fight Whitebeard but was soon interrupted by Jozu... who was bleeding heavily and looked quite cooked wherever he wasn't covered by Diamonds. Looks like he wasn't able to fully avoid the magma.

On the other side, Luffy was getting hit and beat up left and right. From a cut from Vice Admiral Momonga, a Shigan from a Marine, and finally a light beam from Admiral Kizaru.

When Kizaru kicked him away...only to be caught by Whitebeard. From up here, it looked as if Luffy was already dead, but that would change soon from another does of hormones from Ivankov.

As the war waged on, Marco tried to fly up towards Ace to save him...

*SMACK!!*

Garp: If you snot nosed punks want to get past me! You'll have to do it over my dead body!!

As the Whitebeard pirates pushed forward, declaring their intention to save no matter what, Ace started sobbing.

Ace: Why...am I so happy? The tears just won't stop...Why do I suddenly want to live...?

With that, Garp started to cry again as well. Trying to hold back his tears as his mind was torn between his duty as a Marine and family.

Whitebeard: *ughhh*

Whitebeard suddenly fell onto one knee as his age suddenly caught unto him.

Sakazuki: So even you cannot escape the effects of old age...WHITEBEARD!

Kizaru: Victory or Defeat is determined in a single moment's misstep.

As Kizaru shot his light beams toward Whitebeard, Marco intercepted but was shot through instead. While Marco was down, Jozu was also frozen solid by Aokiji. The tide retuned to the Marines.

The Final blow was dealt to turn the tide when Sakazuki hit Whitebeard directly in the chest, his hands bubbling with Magma.

Moments later when Marine Captains and other officers surrounded him...

Whitebeard: I AM WHITEBEARD!!!

With a single swing of his blade, the captains fell off him like flies.

As the captains raised their blades once more, I braced for what was coming and sis prepared her Devil fruit for what she had to do.

Luffy: STOP IT ALREADY~~!!!

It came, the color of the supreme King, Conqueror's Haki. As it was still in its infancy, I couldn't clearly see the Dark Purple lines or his will being projected clearly, but even this much would affect much of the Marines

Me: ENOUGH!

With that, I let my own Haki loose, directly towards Luffy. The air crackled as a Haki clashed, His Dark Purple against my Pure White.

*crackle* *crackle*

Maybe in 2 years he would have had a chance, but this was only his first shot at Conqueror's Haki. I easily won the clash as my haki dominated his.

Luffy: *guh!*

Luffy fainted backwards as I collapsed his mind along with much of the Pirates beside him. Seeing Luffy downed by my blast of Haki, Ivankov and Jimbei grabbed him and started making a run for it.

*stab* *stab*

Ace: *...*

As the execution went as planned, Ace was stabbed through his heart and started to cough out blood as the entirety of MarineFord watched. I then reconnected all the Den Den Mushis around the World so they could witness the scene, shocking the world at Ace's death, as well as the State both sides were in.

Ace: Old Man...! Everyone...! And...you, Luffy...Even though I'm so worthless...Even though I ........carry the blood of a demon ...Thank you.....for loving me!!!

With that, Ace was dead.

But not on our watch.

The sea would be so much more interesting with the son of the Pirate King on the loose! Besides, if the Marines go the way they do in Canon, sis and I probably wouldn't be in the Marines for much longer.

We won't work for blind justice no matter what.

I felt sis's Devil fruit work as the blades of the captains left Ace's body. She forced the wound to close itself and dissolved the spilled blood inside his body. All signs of being stabbed except for a deep slice was left on his back and front. His insides returned to normal.

Following her work, I forced the electric charges to force his heart to beat. Beat again and again until his breath returned. I held him down as he started to move again.

Sengoku: PORTUGAS D. ACE IS DEAD!!!

While he was saying that, I carefully leaned into Ace and whispered.

Me: I might've lied. We did save you, It's time to get you out of here without Sengoku noticing.